1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Track Hourly and Daily Visitors for more insights

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by digiaads, Feb 9, 2015.

Hi everyone,

Recently, one of my clients asked me to generate a report on hourly visits (Hour of the day) for various time frames which I found quite interesting to optimize various campaigns.

I think this will also be helpful for you guys if you need to tweak your paid campaigns according to best conversion times. With this you can also determine what are the quietest hours if you are replatforming or website will be down for any reason.

How to find Hourly reports:

You can either add a "secondary dimension" as "Hour" to any of your reporting in Analytics or you will have to create a custom report to get all the data in one place.

How to create Custom report:

1) Select "+ New Custom Report"
    2) Metric Group : Add Sessions, Avg. Session Duration, Pages/session, Desired Goal or all goals
    3) Dimension Drilldown : Select "Hour" from the list
    4) Select the view you want.
    5) Click "Save"

Similarly you can add another tab to track visitors by using "day of the week" and "date of the month" dimension.

The Easy Way:

If you don't want to take all the hassle, there are custom reports available in Google Analytics Solution Gallery for such kind of reports and you may find other reports helpful.

One of the recent popular custom report on Hourly visits (You need to be logged in to view the report) is as follow:

https://www.google.com/analytics/ga...&_.sort=DATE&_.viewId=8VZs71cGQDO5m84ODYp1Yg/

Simply click import and select a view to add this custom report to that view.

Now you are ready to get more insights about your website visitors.

PS: Press like if this helped you in some way :)

digiaads, Feb 9, 2015 IP
    King-Servers likes this.
  2. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing these step-by-step information, it will surely help people who use Google Analytics and would like to keep detailed track of hourly and daily visitors!

King-Servers, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  3. digiaads

digiaads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    digiaads, Jul 9, 2015 IP