1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Build A Highly Responsive Email List And Earn Consistent Income For Life

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aniblow, Feb 3, 2015.

Email marketing remains the most effective way
    for any business to market it's products and
    services.

If you want a business that makes you good
    residual income, incorporate emails into your
    business.

And here's how you do it:

1. Offer a freebie to get them on your list. Every
    body wants a freebie. If you can provide one that
    solves people's problems, they get on your list.

2. Use double optin. Double optin because people
    forget easily. If you can get them to take some
    worthwhile steps before grabbing your free offer,
    they come to know and identify with you. Better
    still, add a pre-sell page in the mix.

3. Your freebie shouldn't be free. I opt in to so
    many people's list and download freebies that do
    anything but fulfill the promises they made. Don't
    do this. You would keep battling with
    unsubscribes.

4. Encourage your subscribers to interact and
    share their problems. Mail them often, ask how
    they are doing, and get them to tell you their
    problems.

Solve the problems and keep stuffing your pocket
    with cash.

Simple business model!

aniblow, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  2. Searchism

Searchism Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a bad post. They always say, the $$$ is in the list. Giving away something of value in exchange for an email is always the best way to build a list-

Thanks for your post!

Searchism, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  3. DylanC

DylanC Member

Best Answers:
    why is it that number 1 and number 3 kind of contradict each other? hmm..

DylanC, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  4. Searchism

Searchism Peon

Best Answers:
    That's an oversimplification to a much more broad topic, but really not a bad post. And everything you stated is right on.

I use email to build lists and the most recent lesson I have learned is to micro segment based upon the unique viewer. The more specific your info is to a viewer the more valuable and more apt to respond to your message.

Searchism, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  5. Andrew2015

Andrew2015 Peon

Best Answers:

Good Advice. It also doesn't hurt if you have a good list to start with. I currently market email lists on my website and am also trying to develop other niche sites to cater to the same lists.

Andrew2015, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  6. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The key is to provide value consistently. I see the power of email lists whenever I send out good offers to them - SALES. It's really all about solving their pain points and needs!

Ethan Alvin, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  7. Jose Rodriguez

Jose Rodriguez Peon

Best Answers:
    Offering a freebie that is high quality is a great way to make your email subscribers trust you are not some scam and you should aim not to be

Jose Rodriguez, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  8. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I always wonder who these people that read the emails are? I must get a million emails and I don't read any of them because I know they are just junk?

superrichguy, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  9. Andrew2015

Andrew2015 Peon

Best Answers:
    My list is real estate investment related. The open rate is quite good - especially on the 2nd email to 1st set of open clients. And since my average sale is over $500 I do not care much about the ones that just delete. In my last campaign for a client who was selling property in London we sent 60,000 emails and only 12 unsubscribe requests.

Attached Files:

Andrew2015, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  10. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That sounds awesome. As long as you are providing value, the numbers will always be decent, if not great. Keep optimizing and split testing to improve those numbers!

Ethan Alvin, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  11. heruma

heruma Member

Best Answers:
    Good steps to build an email list. With tons of emails bombarding our inbox, you really have to create emails that stand out in the crowd from the beginning so your subscriber will be eager to received an email from you (easily said than done). My current unread email is 24.000+. But I create filters to send email from certain people to another email address that I checked frequently.

heruma, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  12. Rich_H4

Rich_H4 Member

Best Answers:
    Having an email list can be an extremely powerful tool when used correctly. However, don't get sucked into just growing your number of subscribers. Take the time to interact a little. Set up a facebook group page as part of your sales funnel or in your first couple of emails. This helps you further develop a trusting relationship with your list and is another way that you can identify problems or needs that your list has when determining what offers to send them.

Rich_H4, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  13. Alvinn

Alvinn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Might get some flake for this but I STRONGLY disagree with point 2.

There's absolutely 0 reason to request for a double opt in. Other than to ensure that the email is valid but that's negligible.

Getting them to know you is when they receive your emails with your stories, case studies etc. Not through a double opt in. And by forcing a double opt in, you lose the opportunity to connect with them and touch base with them over and over and over. And all your work in your follow up series is instantly negated, just because the subscriber forgot to click the Confirm link.

Don't lose the opportunity to connect with them just because they didn't click on the Confirm button.

Alvinn, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  14. Crystal Allen

Crystal Allen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Although this is an old question it has got several business owners thinking. To build an authentic a list, it’s important to pull buyers in with a killer content, as well as
    information. Besides, a business owner should always be transparent and work with integrity. Focus on constructing a long-term relationship with your customers. Play the role of a problem solver by offering them a paramount value. It’s about the feel good factor on both ends.

Crystal Allen, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  15. Dave Best

Dave Best Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I was going to say the exact same thing. A double optin only allows you to lose more leads. The biggest reason for having a double optin is to confirm that the e-mail the user inputs actually exists or is their real e-mail. Now most people have several e-mails where they sign up for SPAM FREEBIES with their crappy e-mails. However, I definitely believe that you want to entice people with a freebie, that way you know that they have an interest in the topic you are selling. At the end of the day we are all looking for sales so let's be honest with ourselves. As much as people hate these it is important to place a OTO (one time offer) related to the freebie as soon as they sign up or even when they try to exit the page. It really increases your conversion % and helps to capture more sales (which I think we all want).

Of course always provide your list with VALUE and understand their needs. A good way to liven up an unresponsive list is to send out a quick survey to see what type of things your list is interested in.

This initial post is oversimplification of the entire system but nonetheless is an easy way to start :)

I also don't understand what you mean by your Freebie shouldn't be free? But if I think I hear you right is deliver what you promise which is absolutely correct!

Dave Best, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  16. liquidone

liquidone Member

Best Answers:
    Yes DO NOT USE DOUBLE OPTIN. That is a huge noob mistake when it comes to list building. You simply will not get the conversion of single optin typically because a lot of spam filters will eat those confirm emails. Moreover people are lazy sometimes and will ignore the confirm.

There are better ways to qualify leads. Such as using a data hygiene service like Towerdata.com .

To keep your list responsive. Just remove everyone who has not opened an email 1 month.

liquidone, Apr 3, 2015 IP
    Dave Best likes this.
  17. liquidone

liquidone Member

Best Answers:
    One more tip and I know this is probably obvious to some but I see it happening even to experienced marketers.

MAIL YOUR LIST DAILY

Some people are scared to mail their list thinking they are going to report them for spam. Or some people take unsubscribes personally. That's all nonsense. Because even on the best lists people unsubscribe and report for spam that's just part of the business.

Your list opted in because they want to hear from you. You will also solidify your brand if you mail daily. They will not forget who you are which will keep your spam rates VERY LOW. Hell, if it's great content you are producing mail them multiple times a day. Your list will thank you!

liquidone, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  18. EverestOnlineMarketing

EverestOnlineMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is quite a good list. A basic one, but good nonetheless. It all boils down to this: build trust by offering something of value and strengthen the relationship through consistent engagement.

More sales may be the goal, but in order to reach this goal, we have to put others first. Of course, others in this case are the subscribers/potential customers. It is important to address their needs first so they keep coming back.

EverestOnlineMarketing, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  19. safetynetzero

safetynetzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree with the other posters above.... the double opt-in is going the way of the dinosaur.

The larger autoresponder companies have conditioned us to this 'best practice' to protect their relationship with the ISPs. It's not really necessary.... just an inconvenience for your subscribers and will lower your optin numbers.

Also, use a very low priced OTO.... after your freebie optin.... to start building a list of BUYERS!

safetynetzero, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  20. Mercedes MOss

Mercedes MOss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been reading the advice about not using double optin for a freebies site. My autoresponder service gives me a great price, but enforces double optin for some reason unknown to me. I'm monitoring to see what would happen to subscriptions to my offers

Mercedes MOss, Jun 27, 2015 IP