1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Bigtoys67, Feb 1, 2015.

Hi i am looking to start email marketing for my website. How do i send mass emails to people with out sending peoples email address in bulk. I use horde from hostgator any help would be great?

Bigtoys67, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  2. shamim mahmud

shamim mahmud Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    tell me first, how many people you want to send mass?

shamim mahmud, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Horde is merely a web based mail client. You need a script that will allow you to maintain a mailing list. Any newsletter script has this ability. You want to market to your own relevant opted-in members.

NetStar, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  4. PuneetJvw

PuneetJvw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Also check with hostgator if they allow you to run such a script from your site.

Run a desktop software instead?

PuneetJvw, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  5. Bigtoys67

Bigtoys67 Active Member

Best Answers:
    around 1500 emails at a time or is there anyone out there that can send these out and get payed?

Bigtoys67, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  6. insider22

insider22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Really good guide from this guy here:
    http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/making-money/737080-super-effective-lead-conversion-tactic.html#post7609834

insider22, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try mail merge and thunderbird.
    You can send emails to a mass of people all at once, for free.
    You can search on it on google on how you can set it up.
    I've tried it, and it is very convenient. However make sure that you've built your list so the probability of the response will be high.

Patricia Ann Lee, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  8. harvy

harvy Banned

Best Answers:
    First build your list of mails with the help of google. It is easy to have thousands of mail ids. But we can't say all are ture. Then prepare your business content send it to all through google compose with cc. It is also to a certain number of mails ids. Repeat the process again. It will be done easily. Some freelancers are using softwares for bulk mail sending. Try your best and come to the conclusion.

harvy, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  9. Joseph Mancia

Joseph Mancia Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't use an auto responder weather it be Aweber, Get response or even a self hosted script, you'll end up getting your website blacklisted by sending bulk mail.

Joseph Mancia, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  10. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Use Mailchimp for low cost
    OR Getresponse as a higer paid solution.
    Never use your mail server given by your host to send mass email unless you wanna have your hosting account suspended soon.
    Good luck!

mrgadget, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  11. Bigtoys67

Bigtoys67 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all your help guys its was just like a little promo video i made for site want customers to know about :)

Bigtoys67, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  12. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Mate,
    Look if you have 1500 emails you have already started email collection,
    Very smart.

Now you need to join an autoresponder company. It doesn't matter which one,
    But go with one of the larger ones.

They will give you all the tools you need to start email marketing, Including the forms etc
    that will put people straight on your list and email them automatically.

At anytime you can email the entire list at once very quickly.
    So when you have a special promo etc its easy to let everyone know.

There is a cost involved but that's minimal when compared to having proper email management tools.

Good luck

ODA

onedumbaussie, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  13. DylanC

DylanC Member

Best Answers:
    You can try SendGrid for a pretty low-cost of $9.95 for 40k emails. GetResponse.com has a 30-day free trial.

If you're using WordPress, you can try to use some of the free newsletter plugins available, such as Mailpoet Newsletters. The number of emails you can send depends on your webhost's limit. You'll have to ask their support.

DylanC, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  14. hoovers

hoovers Peon

Best Answers:
    try GetResponse- on their website http://www.getresponse.com you can find free trial version if you want

hoovers, May 15, 2015 IP
  15. TrevorGreenfield

TrevorGreenfield Member

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming that these emails have not been collected through them opting in to a list you maintain. That being the case, most of the email autoresponder companies will not allow you to upload them to their service without each person having to optin again. This will mean that you will lose most, if not all, of your emails because they will be reluctant to optin again in most cases.

You can import them to Mailchimp and signify that you have their permission, but they will probably object to you adding 1500 emails at once as well.

One option you have is to use a service called email jeet and deliver your emails from your desktop email jeet program through Mandrake. Both email jeet and Mandrake are paid services but work well together.

Good luck with it,

Trevor

TrevorGreenfield, May 15, 2015 IP
  16. Steve G.

Steve G. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest Aweber. At this point in time that is what I plan on using myself. I read somewhere, and I see it repeated in one of the responses here, that sending them out from your own server is not a good thing unless you have a good reputation already.

Steve G., May 15, 2015 IP
  17. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are different solutions based on what exactly you want to do. If you want to send a cold email or a proposal, then mail merge is the correct way forward. Tools that help you here are Yesware, Boomerang, etc.

If you want to set up an autoresponder or newsletter with these subscribers, then the popular tools to choose are Mailchimp and Aweber (make sure your subscribers are legitimately acquired. If a lot of people mark your email as spam, then you are likely to be banned from these services).

Alternately, if you want to send transactional emails - that is, email them with their login password, or send automatic alerts of some sort, then the right tool to use is something like Mandrill.

XooX, May 20, 2015 IP
  18. kriti9898

kriti9898 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to send a cold email. then mail merge is the correct way forward. many free and paid Tools that help.

kriti9898, May 22, 2015 IP
  19. webmaster44

webmaster44 Member

Best Answers:
    Try aweber.com, most of the highly professional webmasters are using awerber for email marketing campaigns.

webmaster44, May 23, 2015 IP
  20. giriji

giriji Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use your own custom based server if you are sending to your own clients or spamming ...
    Best solution is build your own solution, if you don't want to build then go for something which has all the features...
    In your case you can opt for mailchimp as they allow uploading contacts on a list from backend...

giriji, Dec 2, 2015 IP