1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need forum members to build my website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by henry hummel, Feb 1, 2015.

Hello i am the owner off appledeals.info and i just started a forum, no i am looking for a way to get forum members.
    Any tips and trick are welcome

henry hummel, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have any tips to get forum members but I do know you should first have relevant volume traffic to your web site. Then take the next step to see how many of those visitors will register for an account on your site and come back. THEN once you see repeat traffic and registrations introduce the forum and everything will line up accordingly.

Advertising a forum to get memberships is pointless. You have no posts, no users, no topics, no conversations, no regulars... there's nothing to discuss and there's no reason to join.

NetStar, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  3. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just make 20 users and talk to yourself on each one with high content posts. People will eventually come. It will not happen over night but in a years time you should have quite a few members.

superrichguy, Feb 5, 2015 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  4. Jeffrey Sloe

Jeffrey Sloe Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like you have a great web site. Have you sold many products from your site? If so, and you have the buyer's contact information, ask them to post in your forum, but first you will have to create a Buyer's Forum. You may have to give them something for free to get them to sign up. People will usually do doing something if they are receiving something, of value, for free. If you're on Facebook, you could always ask your friends to join your forum. Again, you could give something away; or you can have some sort of a contest; or have a raffle for everyone that signs up.

Jeffrey Sloe, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  5. BOXC Websites

BOXC Websites Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say only get a couple more high quality posts :/ Some of the posts just don't look that "professional".

BOXC Websites, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  6. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Postloop.com seem a good way to make it work. I've tried them months ago and sure there are high quality posters but you need to seta requirement to which only user with high rates can post to your forum.

etc, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  7. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Going a little offtopic - have you contacted Apple about using their trademark for your website? Looks as if it revolves around their products and they are well-known for chasing people that infringe their TM. Its just a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and slap you with a UDRP for your domain.

Rado_ch, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  8. henry hummel

henry hummel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In a way i did, because the don't allow website for there affiliate program thats uses there trademark. So i build the website first and then let it be approved by apple as official affiliate of apple. So in that way they approved the site, i was surprised as well because they normaly don't approve websites. And at first i was using the official apple logo as well.

henry hummel, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  9. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, sounds a little strange to me too. Though in a way I suppose this approval can help you if they decide to pursue your domain, make sure to keep some form of proof about that. And always have a thing in mind of such a possibility so better have a good Plan B. ;)

Rado_ch, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  10. henry hummel

henry hummel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes i am aware off this so i the official mails and documents and a back up of my database are prepared, so and i have a domain name extra as well. so anyway i am gonna make some money with it

Rado_ch likes this.
  11. linkologia

linkologia Member

Best Answers:
    First try to make marketing for your forum. Make couple of profiles to make topics, discussions artificial profiles. You can also find freelancers who will make profiles and posts there. We can also join to your forum but what is url adress? and is there possibility to make a backlink? :)

linkologia, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  12. henry hummel

henry hummel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    http://appledeals.info/ad-forum/ the backlink is possible but must be article related

13. linkologia

linkologia Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, but I see on this site too many things which make your site slow and it could be difficult to have a good position in google rank. Ad blocker automaticly blocking 18 adverts/pop up and other flashes. Remember that no google and no people like too much shit on website and remember that everyone flash is making your website slower loaded for internet users.. That has also big meaning if you want increase quantity of users

linkologia, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  14. Luke Young

Luke Young Banned

Best Answers:
    Pay someone to do it! It is the best way, trust me. Even though you will be losing money on the start, after a while it will start paying off when 'real' people start commenting, enjoying and sharing.

Luke Young, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  15. Mo' Money

Mo' Money Active Member

Best Answers:
    advertisement , thats should do the works! but if you hate pay stuff! try seo! that will works to! or if you want, you can hire ppl at freelance site and recruit forum member! but there's a chance you will get fake member!

Mo' Money, Mar 18, 2015 IP