1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Instagram is useless

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Russell888, Oct 26, 2014.

1. ChristopherCarman

ChristopherCarman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yeah, i compleetly agree with you. male's have to do some seseious stuff also insted of only photo sharing.
    Yeah, I completely agree with you. Male's have to do some serious stuff also instead of only photo sharing.

ChristopherCarman, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  2. kate_T

kate_T Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not totally useless.. I've seen some businesses gain customers because of it. Anyway, Instagram deletes millions of accounts that they believe are fake/spam. :) maybe this has something to do with the creation of fake accounts to have fake followers.

kate_T, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  3. Almobi sunnie

Almobi sunnie Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe Instagram can help you get traffic, but nowadays more and more people use software to spam. I think you can use FB,googleadwards to get more traffic.

Almobi sunnie, Dec 25, 2014 IP
  4. gentilly

gentilly Member

Best Answers:
    I think instagram has its place. Its never going to deliver 1000's of sales, but if you post 3-5 images a day, do some decent # research for your niche you can generate some decent traffic.
    In time if you gain a good following 10k plus (yes this may take some time) you can monetize it.

I recently began using instagram and in under a week i have 300 real followers (did not pay for any of them).

gentilly, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  5. Brent Jones

Brent Jones Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just created an Instagram account for one of my clients and our first day of posting four images got us 20+ new followers.

I think anyone who says Instagram isn't valuable for marketing may be misguided. We're talking about hundreds of millions of users, and something like 1 or 2 out of every 5 smartphone users have downloaded Instagram. There is an audience to tap into there if we're willing to work for it.

Brent Jones, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  6. gentilly

gentilly Member

Best Answers:
    I agree Brent :)

gentilly, Dec 30, 2014 IP
    Brent Jones likes this.
  7. David Garcia

David Garcia Member

Best Answers:
    For most of your arguments I agree. I think the user base of instagram is well formed already. However, I see a lot of potential in it.
    Currently I live in Hawaii where nature is a big thing. Because of it, Instagram appeals both females and males to share their filtered pictures. I think is a matter of using it focusing on followers of a specific niche. For instance here in Hawaii is pretty big with surfers and hikers, because of its gps feature too.

David Garcia, Jan 26, 2015 IP
  8. Ganer

Ganer Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I don't think so . Instagram helped me and I didn't even asked for help :D I posted a picture of my 3D model of one machine I was working on and put some tags about it , but I posted it just for fun and then some people who needs 3D modelers contacted me and asked for more models and they offerd money ofcourse . Well you see every social network is good if you know how to use it the right way , not just for posting your photos or something else . Enyoj your life :D

Ganer, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  9. Robert Coleman

Robert Coleman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Instagram is great tool to share photos with all over world but if your expecting more from it then it will be really become useless for many. Instagram is a great social networking site to gain traffic and visitors by sharing photos.

Robert Coleman, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  10. Brent Jones

Brent Jones Active Member

Best Answers:
    And that's why I like you! :)

Brent Jones, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  11. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that instagram is useless. May be majority of the girls use instagram and their age under 35 but this is not the problem at all.

Atikur, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  12. sheamus2950

sheamus2950 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of good uses of Instagram that don't involve girls posting selfies. There are lots of professional photographers and designers (male and female) that use Instagram as an outlet.

sheamus2950, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  13. Vanessa Connelley

Vanessa Connelley Member

Best Answers:
    Many women love technology (I know I do!) and there is a great push to get women into the technology fields as well. Maybe reconsider your approach to Instagram and the business you work for could become a leader with women and technology.

Vanessa Connelley, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  14. xtragudboi

xtragudboi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally love Instagram. Not for selfie lol. I make a good earning from Instagram. Target girls and BOOM. Other than for business purpose I hate it :)

xtragudboi, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  15. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Instagram is amazing for making $$ I have 3 profiles with the biggest over 230K followers. I can do around $120 a day in shoutouts and I also drive traffic from Instagram to a website with the same niche and bank from adsense. My Instagram is about nature, I post an image "find out more about this at www. etc" in the caption then I have an article about it on the website. Each time I make a post doing that I get about a 3-4k spike in visitors to the site.

I also sold an Ig for a large sum last month to a photographer so I don't find it useless at all :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    Franklin Hatchett, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  16. internext

internext Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not into IG but my daughter sure loves it. I prefer facebook

internext, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  17. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    never used instagram for business. Because i don't like instagram. It doesn't have a lot of options to use and that's really annoying for me, so i am avoiding it !

But it's really weird, because i like pinterest for example :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    King Manu, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  18. TommyBWoodall

TommyBWoodall Member

Best Answers:
    No, I don't think that the Instagram is useless. There is very much use of Instagram in social media. In just three years, they have grown to 150 million users. This is a faster growth trajectory than Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. And with 60% of users outside of the US, the global reach of Instagram is growing.

TommyBWoodall, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  19. MadeIT

MadeIT Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not useless. It is same social network as others but there you can place only photos and videos. You can use it for a marketing too, not only female are using it) But why i am using it, i like to make different photos one my smartphone and edit them with different apps.

MadeIT, Apr 2, 2015 IP
  20. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think It’s a great way to interact with your customers and fans. What a fun way to introduce new products or services to your customers and clients. The imagery gives you a chance to get creative with your marketing, while also reaching out to a whole new group of perspective customers.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 20, 2015 IP