1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indexed Link Redirecting

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mustaineoz, Feb 4, 2015.

I opened a web site 3-4 years ago for my new business at that time. It didn't work because of I didn't really had time for it. After I opened my business, I paid very good money to a newspaper to publish an article about my site at that time.

Now I started a new business and just thought about my old domain. Is it worth to buy the old domain again (it is available to buy) and make a redirection to my new domain?

The article at the newspaper got indexed by Google and these are my main concerns :

a- If you think I should buy the old domain and make redirection, should I create backlinks to the article at the newspaper so Google can detect the redirection?
    b- Should I make new backlinks to the old domain and Google will pass the PR from the article at the newspaper to my new domain automatically?
    c- Make backlinks to the article at the newspaper and old domain so Gooogle detect changes
    d- Don't bother buying the old domain because Google already indexed the article at the newspaper and it is too late now

Thanks

mustaineoz, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  2. cthulchu

cthulchu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Only if the article's topic is relevant to your business. Domains are cheaper than nice links ;)
    You may if you want Google to reindex the link faster, although I wouldn't do that.
    you may. But it's always better to build links to the main site, isn't it? :)

It's never too late (c) :)

cthulchu, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  3. Searchism

Searchism Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ This post is spot on. Links bought through domains are often better than buying links themselves :)
    Get the site, ping it after you 301 and then build more links to it, NOT the newspaper link.

Good luck!
    B

Searchism, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  4. deepakrajput

deepakrajput Member

Best Answers:
    Which Domain You are using doesn't matter you should have to use only 301 redirect from one to another.

deepakrajput, Feb 4, 2015 IP