1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find and approach a mentor?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Devin Perfection, Jan 31, 2015.

There are many keys and principles to business success. And in addition to these principles, a solid strategy and massive action are also key elements.

But over and above this, there seems to be 3 elements we can have in place that can really catapult us to mega-success:

1. A Coach
    2. A Mastermind Group
    3. A Mentor

If you have a mentor, could you share with us how you found one, and how you approached them?

Devin Perfection, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  2. Katherine Huether

Katherine Huether Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I ended up paying for business coaching from someone who is successful doing exactly what I want to do. It's been well worth the money! It's hard to get people to perform mentoring for free, especially if its done well. For most, being a mentor is time consuming, and it should be.

Katherine Huether, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  3. Devin Perfection

Devin Perfection Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Catherine, good feedback. I expected to pay for a coach, somehow not for a mentor, but after your comment, I'm thinking "why not?!" (That ought to make it easier too!)

Glad that you found a mentor that's working for you :)

Devin Perfection, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  4. nathan neeley

nathan neeley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    beg, beg and then beg some more. ive been trying to learn the techniques of chakra for a long time. a new bosss of mine is a master. I begged him and let him know how much It ment to me, we start tomorrow :)

nathan neeley, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  5. Devin Perfection

Best Answers:
    Great suff Nathan! Congratulations!

Devin Perfection, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  6. Jelena Ostrovska

Jelena Ostrovska Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been personally looking for a mentor once I joined network marketing industry (not sure if that's your niche). It took me a while before I actually joined the right company and got in to the right team that gives you support always. And I also found a system which teaches you everything you need to know about marketing yourself online. So we are all getting coached by so many great industry leader. I am so grateful I found this system.

Jelena Ostrovska, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  7. nerdtimez

nerdtimez Peon

Best Answers:
    Tim Ferriss and Ryan Holiday (both renowned 'growth hackers' and generally successful people) were talking about this exact topic on Tim Ferriss' podcast - check it out

Episode 4 of the "Tim Ferriss" show on iTunes or alternatively here's direct link :)

http://fourhourworkweek.com/2014/05/06/the-tim-ferriss-podcast-episode-4-ryan-holiday/

nerdtimez, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  8. Devin Perfection

Best Answers:
    Hello Jelena and Nerdtimez, thanks for your your response..

Jelena, glad to hear you've found something that works for you by the way of mentorship. Since you say it's a 'system' it reminds me of something I came across a while ago. I just cant remembner the name right now. Does the system incorporate a referral network? :)

And Nerdtimez - thanks for the link -- I will take a look. :)

Devin Perfection, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  9. angelica c

angelica c Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've thought about this also, for a long time.
    I'm also looking for a mentor.. But reading this thread, I think the definition of a mentor, and the expectations of what a mentor can do for you, differ from person to person.

In the early days,. I had a very clever friend. I didn't like all he said, but many things. For me, this friend become the mentor. Later in life, I had a boss at the advertisement agency. We also become close friends, and he also acted as a mentor for me. Currently, there is a former police officer as I find pleasant to speak with. He is good in some aspects, but not all. I also have two woman that more or less help me...

However, "the mentor will not change your life-- he/she will hold your hand while you do the work"!
    That's how I look at it. For this reason, I have many mentors, little here little there, and combined, they are quite a team and makes wonders! But that's all together. Not alone, one and one.

angelica c, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  10. Devin Perfection

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing Angelica, this is a great perspective. And I agree - we should not limit the ways in which we can receive guidance. There is not just one way. Short term, long term. One person or many. A little here, a little there - it all helps.

And I guess with a long term Mentor, especially if it's someone who has walked a journey you are undertaking, their guidance and continuity of an abiding relationship can be a lot more effective. But then we dont have to choose one or the other. (If you have a success mindset, and someone asks you to choose, the best answer is "I choose both!" )

Devin Perfection, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  11. Jelena Ostrovska

Jelena Ostrovska Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Devin, the system is called my lead system pro, not sure if you heard of this one. You do invite people to use the system using your affiliate link. But the main purpose of it is to train people how to market

Jelena Ostrovska, Feb 27, 2015 IP