1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I can't focus. is there a way to resolve it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jmor, Feb 3, 2015.

Please feel free to make suggestions

Jmor, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  2. Harvey13

Harvey13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stop using your computer. :(

Harvey13, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  3. Jmor

Jmor Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good one! simply but true! i might not stop though, maybe less computer use. thanks

Jmor, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  4. Girdas

Girdas Member

Best Answers:
    I just read an article about mindfulness meditation. It seems to help with concentrating attention :) you may want to consider some meditation

Girdas, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  5. anence

anence Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeaaap! :D

anence, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This most probably happens because something is blocking you subconsciously or unconsciously. You need to find that out first so that you can deal with it directly. One way that works surely for me is taking a piece of paper and a pen and listing all possible causes. As I go on listing and probing as to whether each listed cause is blocking me, I get a clearer picture of what's going on inside me. You may not succeed at once, but after several attempts, you'll definitely be able to identify the block, after which it becomes much easier to confront it.

Another effective way is to keep your eyes fixed on what you're trying to accomplish. Visualize that you've achieved what you want. Think about the reasons or why you want to achieve your goals. Motivation is often lost because we lose track of the cause/s. Suppose you wanna buy a car you like and decide to save a certain amount of money every month. You'll only be motivated to save money till you have on your mind about buying that car. The moment you forget about the car, you'll stop feeling the motivation. Keeping your eyes fixed on your goals also lessens distractions which are often the cause of a mental block that doesn't allow you to focus properly.

Hope it helps.

Content Maestro, Feb 3, 2015 IP
    wisdomtool, jrbiz and Harvey13 like this.
  7. Jmor

Jmor Member

Best Answers:
    That is a very profound answer! i've never thought about it the way you explained it. I will definitely do write down the things that distracts me and deal with them one by one. you are very helpful! thanks!

Jmor, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  8. Ganer

Ganer Banned

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem over a year a go but to be honest I know what was the reason for it . I was on my last year of studies and I had a lot to study so I was using this some kind of drugs that keeps you motivated and you can learn alot but when you stop using them you become so much worse then you was before . I just wanted to share this so no one use it because that is terrible experience . You can now think of me whatever you want but I'm just honest and I'm trying to help people to learn from my mistakes

Ganer, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    First, set yourself a "big" goal (not crazy big, but something that you could definitely do if you put your mind to it.) Then list the steps/milestones that you will have to do to make the "big" goal happen. Make sure that the goal is something that you really want and is potentially do-able. Reward yourself at each task/milestone accomplished. The reward can be something as simple as your favorite candy bar. Keep the list of tasks very visible on your desk or desktop at all times. Review it each morning to make changes, plan out tactics, etc.

What I am suggesting is that you give yourself something to focus on that is do-able, has definable steps, and is something that you want to achieve. You should find it easier to focus on a project like this. You will, therefore, be exercising and building your focusing skills that you will hopefully be able to apply to less structured activities as you become more practiced in focusing.

jrbiz, Feb 4, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  10. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go out and start dating. It'll motivate you to make more $$ that's for sure.

ceenote100, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  11. shamim mahmud

shamim mahmud Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    eat the foods which contains vitamin A. i think it will help you soon.

shamim mahmud, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  12. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you can't focus it's probably because something's wrong in your life or job. If suddenly you feel excited about an activity, as example web design, you could work for days and focused until you complete the projects. My suggestion is to solve all the issues and find an activity where you have results.

13. Jmor

Jmor Member

Best Answers:
    i like that! thank you!

Jmor, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  14. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    you are welcome, I try to be of help whenever I can

15. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only way to resolve this issue is you. Since your mind is not focused, it must be bothering by something or someone, so find it what is it. You have to make sure you solve it soon as possible

China_girl, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  16. Sandy-Armstrong

Sandy-Armstrong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Allow yourself a limited amount of time for each thing you need to do. Set a timer, and that way, when you know you have to get it done in that time frame, you will focus!

Sandy-Armstrong, Feb 22, 2015 IP