1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Clicksor ads safe?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Caledonian, Jan 20, 2015.

I have been using clicksor and have been getting good CPM, but I have heard they redirect the page and cause viruses? I emailed them and they said there is an option to turn off ads redirecting and there shouldn't be any viruses.

Caledonian, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  2. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you Google? It doesn't take long before you come across some threads.
    Historically yes, they did have alot of issues with popunders and banners.

They have since cleaned their network up and banners are actually pretty decent. If you have Tier 1 traffic their CPC rates are pretty decent.

lukey372, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  3. orton6

orton6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This says otherwise: https://www.virustotal.com/en/ip-address/199.21.148.98/information/

orton6, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  4. Mrtvac

Mrtvac Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm not sure. I've run their ads through Google Doubleclick for Publishers and often google disable then with warning that their system found malware or something suspicious in them.
    Was that fake recognition or not don't know.

Mrtvac, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  5. Caledonian

Caledonian Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I want to use them because they have good CPM but i'm also worried my site will be labeled as having viruses if i do

Caledonian, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  6. David.Propeller

David.Propeller Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, none of ad networks can be completely safe from malware.
    Sometimes advertisers try to bend the terms or their landing page got hacked or even "false positive" alerts by antivirus software e.t.c.
    The main question is - how fast the ad network detects and removes a compromised ad campaign.

David.Propeller, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  7. yanpub

yanpub Member

Best Answers:
    Every network may have issues with malware and bad codes on their ads. Because of that , even the issue is fixed, they remained with the bad reputation.
    On the other hand there are a lot of firewalls outhere or other virus detection websites. Some are genuine a some have questionable technology to mark a website or a page as unsafe.
    I work with Clicksor for almost a year now and my firewall never signaled that their ads are with problems(i do only pops).

The fact is there are big networks besides Clicksor that my firewall(Comodo) do block. At some point i heard even doubleclick had a big issue on the display.

yanpub, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  8. TwiguAds

TwiguAds Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Generally speaking their ads are ok. All ad networks will get a shady advertiser from time to time. Being a more well known advertising company like they are will mean that these sleezy advertisers will occur more often. I haven't work with them for a while but i can't complain about them besides the occasional redirects from their ads. But that was a while ago.

TwiguAds, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  9. Clicksor_CS

Clicksor_CS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Caledonian,
    Clicksor dedicates to help every publisher to improve their CPM. Our Clicksor support team works hard to clean all suspicious campaigns including malware ads, redirect ads etc. Currently, we adopt themediatrust.com, which provides continuous, non-stop protection against malware, site performance issues and data leakage to scan all our ad tag, make sure all our ads are clean.
    Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, our support team will assist you ASAP.

Clicksor_CS, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  10. nikipink

nikipink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Clicksor is still serving malware & virus
    i don't like this ad network

nikipink, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  11. TwiguAds

TwiguAds Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    did you report the affected ads to support?

TwiguAds, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  12. baggiho

baggiho Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keep your eye on your website if you use their ads. I re-try their CPV ad code recently. I have contacted my account managers twice because of redirect ads. You need to monitor your site and to ask them to block the ads.

Anyway, their CPM is high compared with other networks. You can see my recent report: http://i.imgur.com/rSgSlQ8.jpg

baggiho, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  13. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see that having 1000 referrals in past years but they dont make any money... there must be some reason that they stopped using clicksor. Well I still hope that clicksor can convince all publishers to start using them again.

webmoney, Feb 15, 2015 IP
  14. TwiguAds

TwiguAds Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    redirect ads seem to be affecting a lot of ad networks lately. Us included. But on the positive side, most of the ad networks act upon fast.

TwiguAds, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  15. Mrtvac

Mrtvac Member

Best Answers:
    Hm...I more and more dislike clicksor. My revenue went to about $47 and is staying there for I while now ($50 is minimal payout). Ads displaying on my site are multiple redirects, and clicksor even put floating button "Connect" on the right of site, when there is "Advertise with us" ad displayed.
    This just isn't pro at all. :(

Mrtvac, Mar 9, 2015 IP
  16. Clicksor_CS

Clicksor_CS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Mrtvac,

Thank you for your comment!
    Could you pm me your Account ID or your contact info? I can help you with your problem of floating button and check your account status of payment.

Clicksor_CS, Mar 9, 2015 IP
  17. hammad hassan khan

hammad hassan khan Peon

Best Answers:
    Clicksor pays good money and i had a relation of trust with clicksor for my network of sites. But I had to quit using Clicksor ads when this malware issue started.
    Clicksor, have you resolved that malware issue for now or not??

hammad hassan khan, Apr 18, 2015 IP
  18. sanomani

sanomani Member

Best Answers:
    Clicksors banner ads are standard, they dont look spammy, dont look cheap. Most of the ads look good on our site.
    But we noticed on several occasions that some ads from clicksor redirects our traffic to other websites. May be they dont check ads thoroughly for malware stuff.
    We also experienced similar issues with propellerads, most probably Propellerads ads contained malware which even blocked our site on chrome.
    So we are also looking for alternate ad networks.
    Can anyone suggest good cpm banner ad network for asian, middle east, EU website traffic? Our site is shareyt.com which is a social exchange site with lots of social media traffic.
    We dont need huge networks, but we need it be safe, banner ads should be clean and ads should not slow our site.
    We are also considering banner exchange networks.
    Any feedback?

sanomani, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  19. TrafficBrokerAM

TrafficBrokerAM Member

Best Answers:
    You guys can give try to trafficbroker.com
    trusted since 2007, Net-10 payment terms
    Minimum $15

TrafficBrokerAM, May 3, 2016 IP