1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to activate affiliate link without redirect to destination web

Discussion in 'PHP' started by dejvo01, Jan 30, 2015.

Is there some possible way how to activate affiliate link (affiliate cookie in client browser) without redirect to destination website for example with AJAX call on background or PHP? Or any other solution?

There is example how it could work http://www.retailmenot.com/view/airfrance.us, when you click on some button with text "Get Deal", you're not redirect to destination website but is activated affiliate cookie and after that you can click on button for redirect to destination website. As you can see in destination url isn't any affiliate parameters. This is exactly what I want to achieve.

Thank you for any advice or ideas.

dejvo01, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  2. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This sounds like cookie stuffing.
    RetailMeNot does redirect you to the new page at the same time that it shows you the coupon.

Avener, Jan 31, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. ScottOtten

ScottOtten Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Best way should be by using CURL and make sure it saves cookie.

I have been working on some scraping work using curl and other libraries where I let site create cookie on server . So I think curl can be used to get remote url , with cookies.

Iframe would not work as they will be marked as 3rd party cookies.

ScottOtten, Feb 1, 2015 IP