1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Sandwich?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sycrid, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Sycrid

Sycrid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to admit guys, I'm not a big fan of veg in a sandwich, but you've all definitely give me some ideas for through the week. Thanks guys.

Sycrid, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    A slice of lettuce, tomato, and onion on almost any sandwich is a big enhancer for me. Good luck in your quest for a new sandwich. :)

jrbiz, Jan 19, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  3. Sycrid

Sycrid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    haha jrbiz, a slice of lettuce, tomato and onion, are probably the first things to be crossed off my dream sandwich. I'm amazed by the amount of replies this post has actually amounted. haha.

Sycrid, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  4. Sycrid

Sycrid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Totally missed that comment GuruCreation. All I can imagine right now, is two big fat women and a skinny guy in the middle.. breads often thicker than the filling. haha.

Sycrid, Jan 22, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Then I suppose that pickles are out, too. Last night, I was having a cheeseburger with mayo, lettuce, tomato, and onion and I commented to my wife that it needed some dill pickle slices. :)

You did not mention your preference for or against condiments, however. Not surprisingly, I like just about all of the standards: mayo, ketchup, mustard (not Dijon, just regular old yellow), relish, horse radish, etc. But, of course, only certain condiments go on certain sandwiches in my universe.

This is a great thread and hence the activity. My only complaint is that it makes me hungry every time I visit. ;)

jrbiz, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  6. Sycrid

Sycrid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love sauces mind you, BBQ & HP Brown, being my favourite. I know what you mean though *Stumbles off for some food*...

Sycrid, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  7. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn’t really be surprised given the fact how popular the concept ‘sandwich’ is and the scope for creativity and innovation this dish has! I’m not a person who makes his own sandwiches (… often ask someone else to make them for me or buy from outside), but this thread has inspired me indeed to try some ideas on my own. Thanks anyway for opening it.:)

Content Maestro, Jan 24, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. DeadlyTeaparty

DeadlyTeaparty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't know why my post was deleted I did say Crisp. As it's the best sandwich.

Don't tell me this place is run by elitist snobs. I hope not!

DeadlyTeaparty, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  9. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Your post got deleted because I reported it. Just the word 'crisp' doesn't make any sense. When you make a post, please make a point of using complete sentences that give out a coherent thought. Anyone will have a deuce of a time figuring out what you mean to say just by the word 'crisp', which precisely happened with me.
    Not sure why you would want to say that, but there is NO favouritism going on here. Rules are rules and they're the SAME FOR EVERYONE, NO MATTER WHO THE PERSON IS. If that post would have been made by me or ANY person other than you, it would have got deleted all the same.:)

Quite obvious I'm not in your good books after saying all this, but someone has to say it.;)

Whoa, that was way off-topic!:oops: Sorry OP, don't wanna derail your thread.;):eek:

Content Maestro, Jan 27, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @Content Maestro is right in what he says. Your first post was confusing to me, as well. But I googled it and discovered that it is a sandwich made with what we call potato chips here in the U.S. I do not like crisps/chips in a sandwich, but my kids do. Some folks like french fries in a sandwich, too, but I think that putting any type of potato in a sandwich makes it too starchy along with the bread. But, I understand why people do like it.

@DeadlyTeaparty keep posting and don't worry about this incident. I have gotten dinged before and it is not the end of the world. :)

jrbiz, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  11. DeadlyTeaparty

DeadlyTeaparty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Whoever doesn't understand the word "crisp" is beyond my belief! #LOL

DeadlyTeaparty, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  12. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Folks expecting others to figure out completely what they mean just by the word "crisp" are beyond my belief as well!:D LOL

Content Maestro, Jan 27, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is an international forum and there are quite differences between British English and American English. In AE, "crisp" is almost exclusively used as an adjective (as in, "I like crisp bacon.") BE "crisps" are referred to as "chips" in AE. BE "chips" are referred to as "fries" in AE. So, there is potential for quite a bit of confusion with various terms and it is always safer to spell things out in a bit more detail. In fact, when you wrote the one-word post, "crisp", my initial read of it was that you liked sandwiches with toasted bread as that would make them "crisp." Now I know better, however, and that is part of the fun of communicating on an international platform. I am always exposed to new things and ways of doing things.

jrbiz, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  14. Sycrid

Sycrid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For further reading on the word "Crisp", please review below, as some clarification may help those as confused as my self.

Crisp - A sandwich made from large crisp like covers, with a filling of your choice.
    Crisp - A sandwich that is as crisp as the morning air.
    Crisp - A sandwich that is so hard and crisp, it could break very easily.

For even more reading, please review.
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/crisp

And for those that think this post is just utter pointless, well, please remind yourself in future that if you do not elaborate and explain your statements/feedback, then it's open to interpretation.
    No worries. When a point is to be made, then it must be made.

Sycrid, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  15. chrisrocs

chrisrocs Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't had one in awhile, but I think the best sandwich I've ever had would have to be an Italian Sub that you buy at any sub shop or pizza joint in the states (not sure if they have them in other countries). I usually have one with vinegar and oil, it's incredible. It's not very fancy, but they're addicting. Of course, this thread has introduced me to a lot of sandwiches I've never even heard of before, so I have a lot of taste-testing to do I guess. ;)

chrisrocs, Feb 9, 2015 IP