1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you had a million dollars... What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Businessman79, Jan 22, 2015.

I made my millions in real estate as a residential home builder. Due to health reasons I have to face the facts and look for a business that I can run from my home. I have been exploring buying an existing profitable internet business but now thinking of starting one from scratch. Looking for something that is fun, relatively stress free and would earn a good ROI on my investment. Any ideas? What would you guys do?

PS: I'm not entirely sure this is the right forum for this but I wanted to give it a shot.

Businessman79, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  2. Matt Desai

Matt Desai Peon

Best Answers:
    pm me i have an opportunity for you. Im willing to invest some of my own into it as well.

Matt Desai, Jan 25, 2015 IP
  3. DAWalker

DAWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    CPA
    Hire a CPA coach for $25k- 50k
    You can recover your $50k in less than one month. And turn your 1m into 2-5 mils in 1 year

DAWalker, Jan 25, 2015 IP
  4. amplice

amplice Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're sitting on that kind of money, you should make sure you're financially secure first - pay off loans, pay off your mortgage if possible, all of that stuff.

If you have any future obligations (paying for your kids college for example), set money aside for this purpose and put it in govt bonds or in the bank.

With the rest of the money, you'll want to decide how much you're willing to (potentially) lose. If it were me, I'd put something like 50-70% of it into an index fund that tracks the overall stock market. The other portion of my funds I would use either to try and develop a brand new business or buy a web business to run.

Right now you have financial security - your goal first and foremost is to maintain that security. Say you end up with $100k to spend on a web business - you can do a lot with $100k in this industry.

amplice, Jan 26, 2015 IP
  5. joshuar

joshuar Member

Best Answers:
    I just read about a fortune 500 company that sells products on Ebay and makes over 15 million dollars in sales per year. There might be some awesome opportunities there.

joshuar, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  6. Kawish

Kawish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start a web hosting company or preferably buy a running hosting business, spend thousands of dollars on advertisement to get rankings. You will get recurring sales.

Kawish, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  7. mrdo

mrdo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Retire immediately. Go around the worlddddd

mrdo, Jan 27, 2015 IP
    cj1223 likes this.
  8. DAWalker

DAWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL! Its only 1 mill not 100 millions.

DAWalker, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  9. jmcleod2

jmcleod2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would start investing it immediately and keep my day job. With the right investments for long term wealth growth and compounding interest, that million dollars would grow into a much larger number relatively quickly.

jmcleod2, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  10. cynosurex

cynosurex Member

Best Answers:
    I would first secure my financial security as 'amplice' suggests. Then if I have money over, I would invest, start a business, or both. Since you are asking the question the way you are asking, I suspect you are already financially secure.

In that case, I would look into a business that I/you are familiar with. For example, since you were a residential home builder, you can use your knowledge in that area... consulting, write a book, etc.

Now, if you are looking to break into a brand new industry, then here is my plug... We have a new product line, called "Airsoft3D". Very innovative products. You can do a quick search for it on Google. Very little competition right now as we are designer/manufacturer with intellectual property rights. We are looking for wholesalers and retailers to work with. You can operate a small retail business from your home. Contact us if you are interested.

Good luck. With your financial backing, you don't have much of a limit in the home business of your choosing.

cynosurex, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  11. mrdo

mrdo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's enough. You need only 10000$ to travel for one year (in poor country).

mrdo, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  12. Paresh Shrimali

Paresh Shrimali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Paresh Shrimali, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  13. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1 million is a lot but not that much considering cost of housing and so forth these days. So I would put some of it into my college fund and help my parents pay off their divorce costs and bills, and put the rest in savings or charity.

01123581321345589144, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  14. Adam Pace

Adam Pace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you new to the idea of making online? Or is this something you've looked into quite a bit? There are a lot of opportunities out there;
    I personally think there are ways to make money in all of them, but if you're looking for a long term sustainable income from online marketing (Particularly relating to MLM) then you should look at an opportunity with the following criteria;

1) a good system in place that helps you automate most of the work
    2) a system that is easily duplicatable - Duplication is the key to success online MLM
    3) a reputable name and awesome personal testimonials with tons of success stories
    4) A Product that the niche you're focusing needs

as opposed to something that would require a lot of micro management, a complex system that's hard to understand let alone explain to your new sign ups (downline) and a product that the market doesn't find valuable.

I could certainly point you in the right direction if you wanted to send me a message,
    I've been in this industry for a while and have seen a lot, tried a lot, and failed a bunch until finding my current company.

If your mentoring and guidance is good, then you should have no problem being successful.

I can provide more details in private if you're interested to know more and how I can help you.

Adam Pace

Adam Pace, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  15. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still you have enough money :) - Idea is good and go around the world, If you go then I am sure you will have some better idea for your business as well.

This is what my experience is :)

Shahzad Jameel, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  16. DylanC

DylanC Member

Best Answers:
    For sure will go for a very long holiday. Bring along family and friends as well.

DylanC, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  17. BOXC Websites

BOXC Websites Peon

Best Answers:
    I would actually grow a huge business to maybe even get over 1 million dollars! Who knows?!

BOXC Websites, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  18. Mo' Money

Mo' Money Active Member

Best Answers:
    as far as I know blogging are good idea! well at least low cost right ;)

Mo' Money, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  19. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    In your place, I would hire some beautiful women to sit in my house to entartain me and all to be transmited live like in Big Brother Show, all around the world, what they are doing, all the time. Give them tasks to do, make them work for you... play and do some very funny things, what people watching TV are asking from them. It would be fun and money maker....
    Second, I will travel all around the world with me (I mean with Mirodenia) for 2 years and after that I will buy her a nice house near the ocean for the great ideas she gave to me. Hahahah.

Mirodenia, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  20. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    give a share with other and dreaming again for 1M... :D

robyries, Mar 18, 2015 IP