1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone in India scammed me out of $1100

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Jihoy, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    NO OFFENSE meant here friend, but I'm just wondering …. a guy provides you a certain service ONLY for $5 and gains your trust. Just because a $5 transaction goes smoothly, you place your trust in someone blindly? :O What is more, $50 is a fairly big leap from $5 – that's 10 times the initial amount!! How can your trust in someone shoot up so suddenly?? :confused: This nags me even more. My guess is you should have tried him out stepwise; first for $10, then for $20, again for $30 and so on. No savvy person would do such a thing in my view.
    I do feel genuinely sorry for what has happened and hope your money gets refunded ASAP.

Content Maestro, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  2. webbber

webbber Member

Best Answers:
    I got scammed a few mins ago via Paypal. I sent money as family and friends to avoid fees and the guy deleted from skype after I sent the $$. Anything that I do about it?

webbber, Dec 31, 2014 IP
  3. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I was stupid. That's a stupid move, I agree with you. I got your point, even if I followed your strategy I think he would scam me as some people are born cheater!

strawberrybob, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  4. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    I was certainly NOT implying that friend. If you would have followed my method, the risk of getting scammed would have been much less and you would have lost a much smaller amount.

Content Maestro, Jan 5, 2015 IP
    01123581321345589144 likes this.
  5. funprobuy

funprobuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeh it really sucks, hope you get your moneyback. However always becarefull with that... Why would you go with western union with such things? I guess Escrow it is way more safe and next time make sure he has a website with paypal option or a safer payment methods. If you are from the same country as him go to talk with a lawyer or do it anyways if you are not show what you got in terms of proofs and hope you get it resolved.

Best Regards

funprobuy, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  6. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I do hope you get your money back.... though it may not be possible. Live and learn as they say. :) Sorry it happened.

01123581321345589144, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  7. Postedhere

Postedhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sorry to hear you got scammed.

suing him in India would be difficult. you must go there to sue him so the court acquires jurisdiction to both of your persons. Litigation is a costly and lengthy process. The best you could do is to expose his identity , that is he is indeed the person who he says he is. And next time do use ESCROW or PAYPAL and not WESTERN UNION.

Postedhere, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  8. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you mate. I didn't reply to bother you. I really felt like that. Skrill has no support system. It's been 15 days and I didn't get any response from them. Moreover, payoneer removed them from partnership program. It's not a good sign for Skrill.

strawberrybob, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  9. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Hey, that doesn't bother me.:) I will be glad in fact, if my inputs help you in any way.
    Though I don't use Skrill, I've heard from a couple of my clients that it's one of the safest and most trustworthy payment processing systems .... at least that's what I've heard.:) I would suggest you to use something like the 'Milestone' payment system Freelancer.com has got the next time you transact. Don't really know how it works but I guess it's secure for the buyer as well as the seller.
    Anyway, have you tried opening a dispute against the person who scammed you?

Content Maestro, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  10. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I tried to give you a thumbs up but can't find the like button. Anyway, I think there is no dispute opening section in Skrill. Their support system seems fully dead. I received a "happy new year" wish from them today! It's 9th Jan, can you believe that?! :eek:

11. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    That's quite off-topic but you'll have to wait a bit to get the privilege to like a post. (Check this page for further help - https://www.digitalpoint.com/help/established.) BTW, your compliment's enough for me.;)

OK, I can't really believe a service like Skrill should NOT have an 'Open Dispute' option. Google a bit and maybe you'll find how to locate the option. Anyway, I can only suggest that you try contacting their customer support and see if they can sort the issue out for you.

It's just 9 days past the new year, so I wouldn't really be surprised by that.:) I keep getting 'Happy New Year' emails even during the last week of Jan from some banks where I hold an account. It's some serious bug with their mailer I guess.:D

12. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The only way I find to communicate with them is Email. I did that already for 5 times in last 15 days :mad: No feedback received yet!

13. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    That's really sad.:( I can only hope your problem is solved ASAP. Anyway, I'll definitely keep you posted if I come across any info that might help you to get over this.
    Good luck.

14. debalina

debalina Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    who is that guy from India ? Do you have any information about him? I may help to find that

debalina, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  15. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    @strawberrybob, I would urge you to post some details of the person who scammed you; esp. details like the email address, payment address, Skype or any other relevant ID (assuming he has one) etc. he used to communicate and transact with you. This would not be of much help, I know, but in case if that person happens to use the same accounts again, it will make others aware about him and at least prevent him from scamming more people through the same addresses.
    Well, I'm also from India. So let's see if I can help you out in some way.

16. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Content Maestro,

Here is the details:
    Transaction ID: 1338618031
    Recipient's email: (Scammer Email Address)
    His Facebook Id: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005805608598
    His Mobile Numbers: +88 01677978366, +88 01944698535

I appreciate your concern. Thanks and check whatever you can do.

strawberrybob, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  17. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @strawberrybob - The person scammed you is actually from Bangladesh, not from India. I am not sure whether there is any Bangladeshi member here who can help you. And it should be easier for him also because unlike India, Bangladesh is a very small country, so tracking the scammer will be much more easy process.

seo_buzz, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  18. debalina

debalina Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi,

I am afraid to say, he is not from India. He is from Bangladesh.
    It seems i have seen him before in another network

debalina, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  19. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks @strawberrybob for posting the details. Will help folks esp. reading this thread to be aware about him and to stay safe if he happens to use the same account/s.
    As people above are saying, this guy is not from India. But I guess we have some people from Bangladesh here who may help you.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do.

Content Maestro, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  20. winappleworld

winappleworld Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey

I am from India and sad what happened with you. I just saw you gave details about the scammer, and the phone number prefix being +88, is not from India. India has a prefix of +91. He is possibly from Bangladesh.

I have no legal knowledge about that country but I would request you to change the title and use Bangladesh instead of India. It defames the nation for no reason :)

winappleworld, Jan 23, 2015 IP