1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good Economical Salesletter Writers

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by enterprisemind, Jan 17, 2015.

What is a good place to find salescopy writers that are steep in price? I have seen some on Fiverr but I skeptical about the quality of a $5.00 salespage! Any suggestions?

enterprisemind, Jan 17, 2015 IP
  2. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A lot about how to find writers has been discussed here - https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/where-can-i-find-content-writers-for-my-website.2742697/.

It's somewhat obvious to be skeptical about the quality $5 writers deliver, but it's NOT necessary that EVERY writer out there selling their services for $5 per article is not good. A closer and deeper look at their portfolio sometimes often reveals the contrary! A lot of writers on freelance job boards bring their prices down because they want to stay in the competition. A majority of buyers coming on places like Fiverr tend to pick out the cheapest option possible and writers putting up prices in higher brackets are mostly deserted. Well, you may, however, test the waters by getting a paid trial article done from the writers you think are really good.

Hope this helps.

Content Maestro, Jan 17, 2015 IP
  3. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alex Toll, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  4. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Ouch, that hurts! :eek: That's pretty much a shock to me! :O I always thought Fiverr was a place where chances of hitting across good writers are fairly decent.
    Well, the content marketplace here deals exclusively with pre-written articles. I don't think that would be a good option if you're looking for customized content.
    A lot of good and experienced writers here are charging in the ballpark of $5 to $10 per 500 words. If you just go by their pricing, it wouldn't be a good idea. The best way to judge how good a writer is, is by taking a look at their posting. The best ones tend to make the least grammatical and spelling errors and in most cases put forth a coherent though that adds value to a discussion. Many writers don't even advertise their services here. However, their sig does. Anyway, throwing a gig in the Content Creation is always an option but the buyer's inbox can get inundated with pitches from subpar 'writers' and they'll have a hard time weeding out such messages.

Content Maestro, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  5. enterprisemind

enterprisemind Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input Content Maestro.

enterprisemind, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  6. enterprisemind

enterprisemind Member

Best Answers:

Thanks for your reply Alex Toll. I didn't think to look for copywriters on this site.

enterprisemind, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  7. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, think of it this way.

1. The cost of a sale can be roughly about 5% - whether that's paying a sales person or a writer.

Thus, if you have a product that sells for $100 and you are launching a direct mail campaign, let's just say, and expect a 2% conversion from a list of 10,000 - or 200 orders, the value of that direct mail sales copy to you is $20,000, right?

Therefore, you should pay your writer friend $1,000 or 5%. That can be paid up front or as a deposit plus a 5% commission or royalty.

For this, you should expect some good work, not just writing, but research, tweaking the copy after a test run, etc.

Or you can just hire by the hour - although that can be pricy. I charge $100 - and use that as my benchmark.

I hope that kind of sheds some light on it.

And I have to say, as I've said a hundred times before - who would make you $20,000 for $5?

In other words - a competent person charges wages accordingly. Not to say that sites like ODesk or eLance or Freelancer can't be use dto find quality - they certainly can. It's easier for you to find a higher priced and effective copywriter on those sites than it is for us to find a good client you like :)

SCookAAM, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  8. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome
    You didn't mean to for writers on Digital Point? Why not? There are some great professionals here. You just have to look closely and be more picky:)

Alex Toll, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  9. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I've had some bad experience Fiverr. Not only in terms of ordering a writing piece. I once ordered a happy birthday video for a colleague (for sh*ts and giggles) by a 'sexy maid' (lol). What she delivered was horrible and I think she was drunk when recording:)

Yes, I totally agree - check out what people posted before, ask for samples and only then talk about the price. Otherwise, you might be in for a surprise.

Alex Toll, Jan 21, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  10. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Well, a lot of times, writers fake their samples. They can just pick any good-quality published article available on the internet and pass it off as their own work. A better and safer way, though NOT foolproof, would be to ask the writer to do a paid trial article. I say 'not foolproof' because even paid trial articles can be faked, but at least the buyer has an assurance that the article has been freshly composed according to their needs.

Content Maestro, Jan 21, 2015 IP
    Alex Toll likes this.