1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YouTube Basics

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by swood, Jan 18, 2015.

Hey all,

Haven't been on DigitalPoint for quite some time, but it feels good to be back!

I'm going to start up a YouTube channel and release compilations of all manner of things, but i want to gain some more knowledge around being a YouTube creator before i go any further.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for any aspect of setting up/running a channel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

swood, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  2. Jmor

Jmor Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube is a good way to start-up to keep up with the digital world. In my own opinion, Youtube would be very effective to use if you are going to use other social media sites along with it too. Facebook as an example, you can make a page about your Youtube channel and send it to your friends. I promise you that this will work way faster than waiting for somebody to view you Youtube videos.

Jmor, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  3. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tips:
    1) Check out the YouTube Creator Playbook. It has very good tips for people who are looking to create content regularly. Helped many of my YouTube friends increase their subscription rates.
    2) Upload at times when your audience is active. This changes depending on what your content is about, but generally thursday-friday 12-3PM and early in the morning on weekends are best.
    3) I don't quite understand what you mean by "compilations", but always make sure your audio is good quality. If there are any voice-overs, it's a good idea to invest in a good audio-recording device (I use a Zoom H4N).
    4) Don't use content that doesn't belong to you. Honestly, that's the quickest way to get banned/penalized on YouTube. If you use copywrited content, you'll end up being unable to monetize your videos.

YJunK, Jan 20, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  4. robby1995

robby1995 Member

Best Answers:
    remember to share your videos on social media as well such as Facebook and twitter.

robby1995, Jan 24, 2015 IP
  5. Jmor

Jmor Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with this

Jmor, Jan 25, 2015 IP
  6. adamalex

adamalex Member

Best Answers:
    you must to do videos like never before, you must to not copy ideas, you must to do something to shock and surprise yourself :D

adamalex, Jan 25, 2015 IP
  7. DeadlyTeaparty

DeadlyTeaparty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What the other's have totally forgotten about is you should comments on other peoples videos. That way people will see your comment and may click into your channel. That's another thing to think about alongside the other things that's been mentioned.

DeadlyTeaparty, Jan 25, 2015 IP
  8. Rashin Sundaran

Rashin Sundaran Member

Best Answers:
    Create Info Videos And infographics. Promote Your Videos On Social Networks Or buy Some Social Media Marketing Services
    Regards: Rashin

Buy Some Social Media Promotions Too.
    Regards Rashin

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    Rashin Sundaran, Jan 25, 2015 IP
  9. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    George Peirson, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  10. shamim mahmud

shamim mahmud Greenhorn

Best Answers: