1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Car Makes and Models Database

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by fhirzall, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrisinger

mrisinger Peon

Best Answers:
    This is definitely what you're looking for. You can get an SQL file ready to import into your database that has year, make, model, and trim (submodel) for every US car from 1990 - 2013 at cheapestautodatabase.com

mrisinger, May 24, 2012 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If there's no years it's a waste of a download.

NetStar, May 29, 2012 IP
  3. B@ts

B@ts Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all, I started The Vehicle List (thevehiclelist.com) a few years ago, and have had a great time helping hundreds of developers - who have often been burnt by other providers. Truth be told - keeping data accurate and up to date is hard work. Many of the lists recently that have popped up are resellers who don't bother with customer service or updates. Data is a commodity - but service and support is what we pride ourselves on.

We also have other categories like motorcycles, UK cars, heavy trucks, ATV, marine engines and even snowmobiles. I think we are one the best - and we have been around longer than most. Chrome is also very good but its about $250/month and its a feed - not a database that you can install on your own site. Great if you have that budget, but all our lists are moderately priced, and our product and service are probably one of the best. We have had 3 returns in 3 years - mostly because people wanted full specs. (That's with a 7 day no hassle refund policy).

In the end, how much is your time worth - you can spend hours searching for the perfect list that is dirt cheap - or try gather the data yourself - or come to thevehiclelist.com and have proven database, with jquery dropdowns in minutes. Hope it wasn't a hard sell. If you buy from thevehiclelist.com, know that we are real people behind the scenes.

All the best in whatever you do.
    Batsirai
    The Vehicle List Team (thevehiclelist.com)

B@ts, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  4. mrisinger

mrisinger Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, cheapestautodatabase.com has every US model from 1930 - 2013 now, for only 25 bucks. It comes with free updates for life, so I'd say it's pretty good.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    mrisinger, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  5. Auchterarder

Auchterarder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello I am seeking an international motor vehicle database containing the following list of details , it's probably a big ask although I am prepared to pay reasonable bucks for something close to it , any ideas ? I've been through most of the reccomendations attached to the 44 threads Vehicle Manufacturer Vehicle MakeVehicle Model Vehicle Year Vehicle Length Vehicle WidthVehicle Wheel BaseVehicle Wheel trackVehicle Front OverhangVehicle Steering Angle Passenger Rear View Mirror Distance from frontRear View Mirrors Distance apartMirror Height from groundDrivers seat distance from front of car Front Seats distance apart

Auchterarder, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  6. Warriory2k

Warriory2k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, what we have used for our project is this: http://allcarsdatabase.com
    There are different packages available, possibly you can find a good one for you.
    And if you are looking for a moto vehicles make-model-year database, then: http://allmotodatabase.com could be an option. ;)

Warriory2k, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  7. jojo27

jojo27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

so i am looking for a csv file that has model, trim, options, price of options, description of car, reviews, photos, ect...but only for new cars. willing to pay, but need super detailed info

jojo27, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  8. yarkul

yarkul Member

Best Answers:
    If somebody require such database, I can provide for free, db structure like here: http://allsoft24.com/post/107317041183/car-database-makes-models-years-and-engine-ms

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    yarkul, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  9. daljit

daljit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use the car query api for make/model. http://www.carqueryapi.com/ Hope this will help you.

daljit, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  10. yarkul

yarkul Member

Best Answers:
    daljit, full package costs $75 dollars....

yarkul, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  11. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And... $75 is next-to-nothing. That is actually pretty cheap.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 19, 2015 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You want to purchase a solution that will allow you to 1. store all Makes/Models/Etc locally in a database and 2. offer some sort of updating license or package to add the latest models. Trying to do this on your own is tedious and not an effective use of your time. If you can find a solution for under $200 it is a bargain.

NetStar, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  13. cbouchard6824

cbouchard6824 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The company I work for, DataOne Software, offers complete OEM compliant vehicle data delivered both as a flat file or web service with regular updates. Not sure what you're looking to spend, but our pricing is unique to your data needs. jojo27, we tie our data to various media assets like photos, overviews, articles, and videos.

Hope this helps!

cbouchard6824, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whats your pricing like?

NetStar, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  15. AndreyMM

AndreyMM Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone!

If you are still looking for a good and regularly updated database for vehicle, MarketMixer have some. For example, here is a professional vehicle-tyre correspondence SQL database.

https://www.marketmixer.net/en/shop/tyres-wheels-size-by-vehicle-finder-database/

Hope you find this information useful.

AndreyMM, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  16. Lalit Goyal

Lalit Goyal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can provide the car database with brand, model, years, their body types, sub models, variations etc. in very cheap price. If anyone need it, please contact me.

Lalit Goyal, Sep 10, 2015 IP
  17. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  18. Lalit Goyal

Lalit Goyal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but the data I am talking about is more than this. Its not only make, model and years.

Lalit Goyal, Sep 10, 2015 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.