1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook is dead by 2017

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by owenbick, Aug 1, 2014.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's been going around for years along with facebook letting you change colours.

sarahk, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  2. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    I think the number of active users will be greatly reduced by that time. I've noticed a trend of people saying that they are "bored" with FB. It is a huge time-waster & perhaps people are starting to recognize that real life is happening around them while they sit "sharing" statuses that will not be remembered in 10-15 second's time. Do I think it will be dead? No. I'm not sure anything on the internet ever really dies. :) I do think it might be revived in a different form(mainly app driven) or replaced by a newer/trendier media. It's amazing how long it's held on in it's current form.

Boost_Software, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  3. jianwuji

jianwuji Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe there are less people using FB, because people will use new SNS. But for a company, FB will exist for a long time. They are knowing their weakness and development tendency, so they purchased instagram/whatsapp and so on.

jianwuji, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  4. riching

riching Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I Dont think so, But world is Always Unpredictable..

riching, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  5. Hungryforsuccess

Hungryforsuccess Active Member

Best Answers:
    With recent changes regarding how Facebook manage peoples personal data i believe it could be over for them by 2017. The one major aspect that keeps Facebook going is people with out people nobody will ever give Facebook money to market products if the numbers drop. The profits will follow with the a fall along with the stock value. Facebook is just another trend in my eyes similar to Myspace,bebo,MSN Chat, BBM, and many other social programs out there. The saddest thing about Facebook is how it is effecting the really younger generations with their face to face integration skills i bet 60%+ of under 21 relationships now start from Facebook. I would go even further to say Facebook has finished or secretly tainted over 50% of its users relationships. Its a fact of life we all want what we cant have and Facebook makes this temptation jump in our faces on our news feeds time and time again.

Hungryforsuccess, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  6. rockk460

rockk460 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You read the artical on BHW. What do you think about this?

rockk460, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  7. falsebook

falsebook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whatsapp was a strong contender to facebook.what fb did then!!
    like they will buy ,who ever comes in their way.That's the strategy.Buy small authorities and become a huge Authority.

falsebook, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Many companies need to grow and change in order to stay alive. The facebook that we know now might be dead one day and may even drop certain features, but the company and other software investments will be alive.
    Most people want 100% uptime, 100% privacy, 100% security, and 100% free, and while we might actually accept 99%uptime, 1% privacy, 99% security, the instant it costs 1cent, everyone leaves.

For anyone that would not know how to live if facebook does vanish, you can try this social networking alternative:
    [​IMG]

matt_62, Jan 19, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is going to be GIANT in 2017 but not dead!

King-Servers, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  10. nidhish

nidhish Member

Best Answers:
    I believe FB is only alive because it has no competition right now...the moment a site appears which is equally or better then fb , that time & only that time we will see the end of FB .

nidhish, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  11. Kum Kum Hasnat

Kum Kum Hasnat Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is now mostly used for personal and business purpose. For business purpose it long live.

Kum Kum Hasnat, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  12. Natures Element

Natures Element Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am a school teacher and work with young people everyday. It seems very much the trend where I work that Facebook is becoming tired and outdated. Kids today want something more instantaneous such as snapchat, which has exploded. I don't think snapchat is by any means a replacement for facebook, nor offers similar service, but with young people becoming ever more savvy and aware of online security Facebook seems to be turning into a graveyard of 2005's generation of embarrassment so to speak

Natures Element, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  13. TeKn1qu3z

TeKn1qu3z Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you source the article? I doubt that it will die that quickly.

TeKn1qu3z, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  14. DylanC

DylanC Member

Best Answers:
    They say the same thing every year.

DylanC, Jan 24, 2015 IP
  15. David Garcia

David Garcia Member

Best Answers:
    I do not doubt that their stats are dropping. I have become uninterested in facebook myself. However, those statistics are based on the idea that facebook will continue to do the same things that is doing today. Facebook staff has proven creative more than enough. Also, the last acquisitions such as instagram, oculus and others give them a lot of space to improve and innovate.
    They have the potential to overcome their problems, and 2017 seems to be a long time to do it. Hopefully they hit us with something good that we can use!

David Garcia, Jan 26, 2015 IP
  16. jmcleod2

jmcleod2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook will continue to do well because of the ease of connecting with old friends. It requires little to no maintenance, but is there when you need it to reach out to people.

jmcleod2, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  17. seo4kipl

seo4kipl Active Member

Best Answers:
    As per my opinion I used facebook before 5-6 day ago. Mostly younger people like top use some attractive platform which not consumed more time.

seo4kipl, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  18. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    JEET, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  19. mike.zack01

mike.zack01 Banned

Best Answers:
    i agree with sarahk....

mike.zack01, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  20. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I think the same too, since these days everyone is moving fast in their life and just look for innovation. So FB seems to be a bit boring now as compared to other quick messengers and sites even like Wechat or maybe whatsapp...

China_girl, Feb 9, 2015 IP