1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with web host service or wp

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Tamanna Tonni, Jan 7, 2015.

Hi friends, i am in tensed with my web host service that was registered from behosted.org, some days ago i saw that i have 600+ mb free spaces on my web host or cpanel, but i see today i have less than 10+ mb free spaces without any files, audio, or video upload, so what is the problem with my web host ? Its a problem of web host service company i mean behosted.org, or my WordPress installation. Please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    Tamanna Tonni, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  2. gigapros

gigapros Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do u have a cpanel? If yes, check the Disk Usage from there. It will show which which folders eat up how much space.

gigapros, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  3. webmastersb

webmastersb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe for your host or maybe you be hacked ( check the files in upload and theme folder for unknown files name )

webmastersb, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  4. obosor

obosor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you use cPanel then you can check usages from "Disk Space Usage" under Files section.

obosor, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  5. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    2 OP - I would highly recommend you contacting your hosting company first of all, not asking for advice on forums.

Unless this thread is only to promote said hosting company, which seems highly likely due to the fact you have only 1 post and it contains a direct link.

H0stZealot, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    They're probably doing something stupid like adding in log files that you have no control over into your disk space usage.

Check the error logs though - if they are huge then you have a problem on your site that you should fix.

sarahk, Jan 9, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  7. Jeoru

Jeoru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^Yeah, agree with the above. One of our clients was complaining about their "magically" increasing disk usage and we found out they had over 2GB of error logs.

Jeoru, Jan 11, 2015 IP
  8. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Check your disk space usage. It could be your "error_log" file or if you installed your wordpress site using Softaculous and enabled backups look for a folder called "softaculous_backups" and see if that's the culprit.

micksss, Jan 13, 2015 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should first contact your webhost about this.
    Also make sure that php errors are not being logged to a file. Most likely this is the problem.
    You can turn off php error_reporting completely from within your php script.

error_reporting(0);

Take care

JEET, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  10. Hitesh B

Hitesh B Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that you first get in touch with your hosting provider so that you can get the exact cause for the issue. In case you have a cPanel for the hosting package, check out the disk space utilised so that you get an idea of folders that are utilising space. Also the WP installation sometimes are vulnerable to hacks or attacks and so check out for the same.

Hitesh B, Jan 27, 2015 IP