1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it a Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rockk460, Jan 6, 2015.

Should I drop feed some backlinks to my new youtube video?

rockk460, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  2. CaliStyle

CaliStyle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, do as many as you can. As of right now that is one of the loopholes in googles ranking system. They do not penalize their own site. So you can spam it with as many links as you can to get it to the top. Just make sure to throw in some high pr backlinks along with it and some social shares to really give it a boost. If you are trying to rank in google what you need to do is do your search and see if you already see a video or two on the front page. If you do then you should be able to get yours there as well. If you do not see videos there already you may have a hard time. They seem to rank videos on certain keywords and not on others. You just have to test them out. I hope this helps.

CaliStyle, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  3. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think you mean "drip" and not "drop?" The answer would be Yes if you are wanting to try and get it ranked in the search engines. I don't know if backlinks will help you ranking inside YouTube, but it can help on the outside. For ranking inside you should probably focus on views, likes, and keywords.

FPForum, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  4. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but do not overdo this! Just blast backlinks will not work unless they are some quality at least! ;)

patco, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  5. jahbuzoreze

jahbuzoreze Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Drip feeding is great but it's not the only way you can rank your youtube videos. Other techniques such as:

Commenting on related videos and adding a link to yours
    Driving a lot of traffic to it (whether fake or real) since Youtube system tends to rank website with the highest views very high

are great.

jahbuzoreze, Jan 13, 2015 IP