1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you understand php language and others program language ?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by irfansyah, Dec 6, 2014.

whether any web programming
    language should be memorized
    or just to understand it. If you
    how? Is it just a copy and paste.

irfansyah, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  2. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All languages are not the same so you cant just switch. Some languages share more than other languages and learning any programming in general will make learning a new language easier.

Anveto, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You'll remember a certain amount and know how to look up the rest.

If you are switching from one to the other you'll know that something is possible and its then just a matter of looking up the name and finding the new syntax

sarahk, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  4. MuhamadFakhry

MuhamadFakhry Member

Best Answers:
    Just study the general rules and remember some basic writing skills. For advanced commands use an online help service to recall the information and try to keep it in your mind. I found that practicing a lot in a short time helps.

MuhamadFakhry, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  5. PunctRo

PunctRo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should learn the basic concepts / syntax of the language and know where to search the rest. You can't memorize everything but you have to know where / what to search for.

PunctRo, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  6. irfansyah

irfansyah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks all

irfansyah, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  7. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The more you write the code the easier it is to do it from memory. I still find myself looking up functions in docs.

NetStar, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  8. freelanceDeveloper

freelanceDeveloper Member

Best Answers:
    It is impossible (for me at least ;) to memorize everything but commonly used functions,... will quiet rapidly be remembered once you are becoming more familiar with a(ny) programming language. After years of development I still have to look up the exact spelling of some function names or the order of parameters to pass... but knowing their names 'approximately' allows you to quickly look up the correct syntax. So yes, In order to prevent reinventing the wheel due to ignorance, I've read the whole function list multiple times in order to remember standard capabilities to the best I could...

freelanceDeveloper, Dec 9, 2014 IP
  9. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    when you arent busy, if youre just starting PHP do a test of each type of code and function from fwrites to echo vars in concatenated strings etc
    save them to your own computer. When you come across something that requires that you can go look at your own code to familiarize again and probably get away with using and modifying your own code. That way youre not stuck always rewriting and looking up the code function etc on the Internet while you KNOW you've done something just like it before but forgot the details of it.

ezprint2008, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  10. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    So, your suggestion is that one creates a separate file (or a gigantic function file, or something similar) with EVERY POSSIBLE use of a given function (you are aware that most functions on php.net have multiple uses, and optional variables at start-up?). Instead of just going to Google, do a quick search, and look up the function with the official documentation? While it might be beneficial sometimes, mostly you'd be doing yourself a disfavor.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 12, 2015 IP