1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ideas for a startup website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Briton, Jan 10, 2015.

I'd like offer an online service/website I can promote and market. Does anyone have any ideas for a startup investment I could make?

Thank you.

Briton, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  2. Pigeon Yoga

Pigeon Yoga Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe we could collaborate?

Pigeon Yoga, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to tell us what your skills are - or what amount of time you are prepared to put into getting new skills so that you can actually offer a service.

I gather online psychics do well - you could try that.

sarahk, Jan 10, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For a start-up, you can either be an investor or have a skill in what you are about to start. What are your past experiences?

King-Servers, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  5. Briton

Briton Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the responses. I really like how involved everyone in this community is, just amazing.

I've had experience in installing and tweaking social media scripts and modifying php/mysql a little. - but I'm done trying to do anymore social networks. it's an overdone field and even if I did find a niche industry I'm just not feeling it.

I'm good at finding affordable yet quality programmers and managing budgets. I've helped others and been a project coordinator for awhile.
    I have setup several wordpress sites and have immediate hosting with godaddy. I am also pretty good at graphics and some advertising using targeted ads.

I'm all over the place but I know for sure I want to offer a platform or service that provides users with something useful, fun, and commercial.
    Once I have a project I stick to it and focus on growing it.

I currently am running:
    a pet friendly travel booking website,
    a facebook cover (design and user submitted collection) site,
    a Fiverr photoshop retouch gig

I hope thats somewhat helpful. Really appreciate all of your feedback.

Briton, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  6. Happster

Happster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am reading your post and i do remember myself 16 years ago:) your sentence "I've had experience in installing and tweaking social media scripts and modifying php/mysql a little." kills it all.
    I should congratulate you going the right path. if you really will go this way and won't loose your passion , you might end up creating something useful and perhaps making some descent money (that should't be your priority btw). You are making mistake as many of those who are buying already made scripts and thinking "i'm going to be the one" by just tweaking colors and layout. You should think more about what is the purpose of your products , how they will help to general and professional public... social networks? i would suggest you to forget about this ... unless you have extreme knowledge and skills how to develop something unique (but since you are tweaking, start from something more simple and more relevant to these days web social life.) and as many users of this forum wrote already no one will give "gold" ideas away. Best of luck!

Happster, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  7. Briton

Briton Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have never setup any of my sites for money, I mean it's a great thought but I know the reality. As for the scripts I've used, I installed to see how they worked and what went into them.

Briton, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    To me that alone is a lot of work. Why would you want to throw in #4, #5 just to keep yourself busy. #1 seems like a really good idea I'd concentrate on if I were you. The busier you get the thinner your involvement in each one of them will get. 1-2 large projects is enough.

qwikad.com, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  9. 70k0t3x

70k0t3x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    maybe you can just put your money in ppc :) and create blog with cpa offers

70k0t3x, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  10. Briton

Briton Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, only problem is there are so many pet travel site and money is hard to earn due to using the travelocity backend its hard to make something substantial. I haven't put much promotion into any of them due to the highly competive landscape with companies having bigger budgets.

plus im not sure what avenue to market it with, paid ads or personal talking.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
    Briton, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  11. Raife

Raife Active Member

Best Answers:
    Briton I feel your pain mate! All the desire in the world and the capacity to do it but just lacking in the base idea. Because I can relate to your thoughts I will offer a couple of ideas I have been thinking of:

- An online third party service that links up people to the contacts they need to get things done. Eg: customer needs a manufacturer and another customer needs customers to manufacture stuff for. BAM you link them up, for a small fee of course. The reason why the business would be effective is because you can protect people by having a result rating system or "rate my service" function.

Ok so I had more than that but I have forgotten the rest. That's all I got for you mate! Good luck!

Raife, Jan 17, 2015 IP
  12. Aaka

Aaka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmmm... you can find a microniche .You thought this option ?

Aaka, Jan 17, 2015 IP
  13. sean freeman

sean freeman Peon

Best Answers:
    hi so while everybody tells you to write blogs and stuff, why can't you learn web technologies which might take 6 months and then build a product that has balls. you know that if you don't have an idea on how websites work, you can't do anything or whatever you do is not professional. i mean, it's not that hard. it's easier than sitting in a classroom listening to boring people talk. since you are interested in it, you would actually succeed. when you look at the market today, just think for while, what kinda product is useful at the moment, like unique product. build it. promote it. monetize it. sell it or run it yourself by establishing a company. we built sharever.net unique product but we don't have enough funds to promote it. so we are selling it. If you don't wanna spend any time in learning anything, help those people who are smart. i suggest you invest in small business with the money you have, it'll grow over the years.

sean freeman, Jan 17, 2015 IP
  14. Raife

Raife Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amen! Love your thought! I absolutely agree! One way to look at it is by looking into other countries aswell, see what they're lacking and find ways to meet their needs. You might even look into humanitarian work or a humanitarian attachment to the company... Eg "every time you spend $5 with us we pay $1 to this country or something..." Just a thought.

Raife, Jan 19, 2015 IP