Outsourcing Customer Support for Hosting Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by NazStory, Jan 9, 2015.

How do you guys outsource customer support team for your web hosting business?

I doubt if these people really have their own customer support team; I've seen plenty of folks with such an extraordinary Technical Team that are on 24/7. There's got to be a place or some dedicated service where we can hire these customer support team. There are couple of support teams that seem to be 'identical' from different web hosting sites. I bet they are outsourcing the same customer support service.

NazStory, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  2. michellex

michellex Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there is such a place for dedicated service. It's Server Sitters http://serversitters.com/

michellex, Jan 10, 2015 IP
    NazStory likes this.
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are companies that provide outsourcing services to web hosts that are not big enough to staff 24/7 technical support. You can find some on WebHostingTalk.

billzo, Jan 10, 2015 IP
    NazStory likes this.
  4. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The companies I believe you are referring too indeed use one and the same support. But this is just because they are practically sister companies owned by one and the same main company.

As for finding good and capable outsourced support I've had many discussions on the topic and my opinion is still far too skeptical. Thing is that you can never be sure in the capabilities and knowledge of the support members you are hiring and if they will treat your customers in a satisfactory way (truth is most doesn't doesn't as they are cheap workers who frequently have bad command of the English language and similar support skills (or lack thereof).

More importantly those are people who you can never teach your company values and approach. They use their own standartized way of support and applying a personal touch to that often fails. You don't have the people close to you so when you see an issue you can sit down and discuss with the support member. At the end of the day what might seem cheap can turn into something that will cost you dearly (in loss of clients).

Having your own support, raised and trained in-house is how a company can prosper. You bring a new member, dedicate time and effort, shape it and make it into a soldier devoted to your cause. And when you bring more people in, you can count on the already senior members to also throw a hand in teaching the newbies.

Buuuuuuut bringing that more ontopic, if I have to pick some companies I've heard having a decent reputation, maybe I would point out BobCares and ServerSitters. ;)

Rado_ch, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  5. NameBird

NameBird Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    And alternatively you could post it on the forum here, or hire someone from odesk.com

NameBird, Jan 11, 2015 IP