1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Horizontal Navigation not Working on Mobile

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Morgan Wowk, Jan 9, 2015.

PicsArt_1420823321379.jpg

Hey everyone,
    I've been working on this one big project for nearly 2 years now and figured asking questions may make things go by even quicker. I recently implemented a new navigation on my website using a Pure CSS menu. My trouble is shown above; on mobile devices the menu is appearing as vertical instead of horizontal. It is composed of ul lists with css that makes the list horizontal on all browsers except those of mobile. I'm not in a position to access my code right now so if anyone has a very simple and common answer I would appreciate that. Otherwise if you require seeing code I can post it later today.

Thanks ahead,
    Morgan

Morgan Wowk, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  2. hdewantara

hdewantara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Morgan.
    It's quite common to make site menu appears vertically in mobiles :) If you prefer the other way around (& presuming that without media-queries, your menu would appear horizontally) then just find media-queries inside your CSS file and turn these lines off. They look like this @media...

Here's a reference that might help: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Guide/CSS/Media_queries

hdewantara, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  3. jamjar919

jamjar919 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We are likely going to need to see the code.

However, I'm guessing that the menu is too wide for the screen and the elements are wrapping below to remain in sight, or that there is a buggy media query somewhere.

jamjar919, Jan 9, 2015 IP