1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

domain name

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by manish thakur88, Dec 10, 2014.

i have create free blog on the word-press site.every thing is fine but i have added wrong domain name(spelling).please suggest your comment how to change my domain spelling??

manish thakur88, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  2. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no way, you need to buy the domain with the right name. Or you mean you have a blog at .wordpress.com?

Alex Toll, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You'll need to register on wordpress.com for the right subdomain and then just abandon the one that is wrong.

sarahk, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  4. kulwantnagi2003

kulwantnagi2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Grab other domain name. As this is free of cost CMS, so you can make as many blogs as you want on WordPress.com.

kulwantnagi2003, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  5. Richard Villapando

Richard Villapando Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think domain providers accepts renaming purchased domain names. You have to be careful creating your domain name next time - lol :)

Richard Villapando, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To summarize, there are 2 options:

- you registered for a subdomain on the WordPress.com site. If that is the case simply register the correct subdomain and start from there
    - you registered a standalone self-hosted domain. If that is the case contact your domain registrar and explain the case, asking to delete the wrong and register the correct one. Most registrars do have a grace deletion period so if you have discovered your error pretty quick, chances are they will do that for you (even possibly with no extra charge added)

Rado_ch, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  7. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If it is sub-domain on wordpress site, it cannot be changed. If you mispelled a domain name, you cannot rectify it but you will have to register the correct domain name if it is available.

King-Servers, Jan 21, 2015 IP