1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google is becoming too powerful

Discussion in 'Google' started by maddog1993, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Sam 735

Sam 735 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google is good and i wish it was more powerful ))

Sam 735, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  2. Nancy Adkins

Nancy Adkins Peon

Best Answers:
    yes I agree google become more powerful and it's ratio is increasing as days progress.

Nancy Adkins, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  3. gentilly

gentilly Member

Best Answers:
    Amen!!

gentilly, Dec 1, 2014 IP
  4. Active

Active Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A new blogger can't make a popular blog now a days due to Google's monthly algorithmic updates.

Active, Dec 8, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  5. Active

Active Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, a blogger should always concentrate on the content rather than rankings. If you are providing unique and informative content to the audience, Google won't disappoint you at all.

Active, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Well said. Making a popular blog takes a lot of work, time, and content. After all that, you are no longer a new blogger lol.

danasurvey, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  7. Daniel.Thomas

Daniel.Thomas Member

Best Answers:
    I feel that google is setting up a dictatorship. If they want to change a rule they do it, and we just have to obey otherwise we get severely punished. If you are just a blogger and have no knowledge of SEO it's almost impossible to rank your site no matter the content.

Daniel.Thomas, Dec 10, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  8. TTLGY

TTLGY Member

Best Answers:
    One advantage of having one dominant player in the market is that you only have to work with the one company, so the focus can be stronger. If there were 20 different search engines each with 5% this could mean we would all need to invest a significant amount of time on understanding the inner workings of each one.

From an attention perspective it is in my opinion this is better.

TTLGY, Dec 12, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  9. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But the problem with one dominant player is that they set the rules. Competition is always good for a healthy market and drives product improvement (in my opinion).

danasurvey, Dec 15, 2014 IP
  10. Kralj187

Kralj187 Member

Best Answers:
    As long as it ranks my sites I don't mind how powerful they get. Although I know about "sponsorship agreement with big companies" which influence Google rankings, and I don't like it but I also am aware that we can't do anything about it...

Kralj187, Dec 18, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  11. Ray209

Ray209 Peon

Best Answers:
    So nobody gives Bing much of a chance to ever surpass Google as a search engine?

Ray209, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  12. Kralj187

Kralj187 Member

Best Answers:
    Not really, Bing doesn't even seem interested at some point, or at least it seems so.

Kralj187, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  13. TTLGY

TTLGY Member

Best Answers:
    Bing/Yahoo are partnering with the Firefox browser now which should grow their share a little, but nothing huge. In addition Google Chrome's browser usage is still growing and Firefox is not, which will further accelerate Google's search share.

TTLGY, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  14. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yep.. But unfortunately we have no other opption than to obey! So we just have to play by their rules... I can't see any other search engine overtaking them, just doesnt seem plausible.

strawberrybob, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  15. Golden Keywords Course

Golden Keywords Course Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is a great traffic source, but there are plenty of other ways to generate traffic on the web. Also, you could consider studying smaller search engines like Bing and try and solidify rankings for your keywords there. They have a PPC campaign and also provide webmaster with web tools so that they can analyze their stats from Bing.

Golden Keywords Course, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  16. Muqadas.Wattoo

Muqadas.Wattoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess if you are not ranked in Google then it's easy to rank on Bing. Because I have tested that if you are ranked in Bing then Google will not give you much importance and if you are ranked well in Google then Bing will not give you priority.

Muqadas.Wattoo, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  17. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't you think that by shaving off webmasters who try to compete for top 10 organic (not paid) positions is a good deal for Google? Consumers will move to something else. I understand that Google is after profits, but they have gone too far. I mean, first Google lost to Amazon and eBay for products. Google organic search results sucks. Bunch of garbage. By tying the nut in one place, they open another loophole and it keeps going on and on. I think Google algorithm is getting out of control and becoming a spaghetti rather than method of delivering good and valuable information. I believe that Pinguin and Panda direction was total fiasco and they experienced bunch of rollbacks. Now it's becoming almost impossible to compete. Google gives sites priority by doing manual evaluations. It shows me that algorithm is not working properly. It is hacked left and right. So Google has no choice but to do manual evaluation. If landing pages look pretty, they go for it. This bull crap you have to have blog and social signals, come the f** on..... What's next?? I can't wait for the Facebook or Twitter to become a search engine and that will be the end of Google... Google sucks right now. Nothing works, link building, social signals... not happening. Sites that are manually reviewed are always on top no matter what they do. Links from these sites are bringing others to the top as well. That's freaking monopoly and if someone can prove it, Google will be looking at serious consequences...

18. roshaoar

roshaoar Member

Best Answers:
    ^^ not my experience

One intellectual thing does bother me about the frequency of changes in Google's ranking. It implies Google is generally a poor result service if it's so bad they have to keep changing it. Ie you can't exactly rely on it.

Also from a puritan point of view, the amount of space that Google gives its own insertions nowadays compared to say 10 years ago is a bit greedy. Local, image, youtube, adwords, KL - the list goes on. Talk about eating above the fold for themselves.

On top of that, I don't like that how I do webpages is now so influenced by a machine, Google. Can't do this for fear of that. Can't use keyword links (which is user friendly) because it might be linkspamming. Have to nofollow stuff cos google sez so. What the hell?!?! The web is for people, it's not owned by Google.

Ok sure it's a capitalist economy and they're there for the stockbrokers. But I'm not sure I feel anymore that Google is my friend, nowadays it feels like a cyberbully.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    roshaoar, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  19. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale Banned

Best Answers:

It also feels like manual evaluations of theirs are done by idiots...

20. Vincentas

Vincentas Active Member

Best Answers:
    If there's no competition good enough to beat Google in the field (it even sounds funny), than what do you expect? And there's nothing to brag about, as I believe that most of us do use Google despite that we think that it has become too powerful.

Vincentas, Jan 7, 2015 IP