1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am looking for a legitimate online business I can start??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jojo2235, Dec 30, 2014.

I hear alot about freelancing etc etc but the only freelance type work I might be good at is writing...I need more ideas..im not really an seo expert neither am i an extremely technical person...Give me ideas...

Jojo2235, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dropshipping business, selling on Amazon and eventually scaling it up to sell on your own websites and/or eBay. Amazon pays you as soon as you mark the product as shipped, and eBay pays you once the product has arrived - but I'm not 100% sure about eBay so I may be wrong on this one.

Yes, you can still freelance your writing skills on sites like Elance and oDesk - where it is really easy to get started. You just need to pass the skill tests and start submitting proposals. I recommend both, let me know if you have any questions.

cronik, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  3. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are good at writing that is a business in itself. You could also consider affiliate marketing, direct sales, or write ebooks that teach others how to make money writing. No one can tell you which business is best for you. You just have to sit back and evaluate all of your skills and then turn them into businesses.

funmom91, Jan 1, 2015 IP
    cronik likes this.
  4. T-Law

T-Law Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are more into creative industry you can start learning design or development and freelance or build an agency. I've started out as a designer myself learning everything online and worked in an agency and currently do freelance work.

It is time consuming but you should look at it as an investment to your future. Here are some of the websites that you can get started: 30 Best Websites to Learn Design and Development

I personally like Tuts+, Codecademy and Treehouse. Also you can always ask me questions :)

T-Law, Jan 1, 2015 IP
    Megamon, Rado_ch and Hungryforsuccess like this.
  5. impros

impros Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey, to start you should join odesk if you are a good writer then you can charge a good hourly fee! Also if you are a very good writer then PM :D with your rates lol

impros, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  6. blackhat admin

blackhat admin Member

Best Answers:
    Forget about freelancing work...the competition is insane in some niches and continuity can be a problem. Have a serious look at developing your own content around a niche and then building a simple membership site that charges for access. The upfront amount of work is high...but you can do most of it yourself and then you can focus on reducing membership churn and increasing retention and enjoy the recurring income. The reality is that even if you start small, a few members every month...within a short period of time you have a legitimate business up and running that is saleable and stable and doesnt rely upon your labour every month.

Hope that helps.

blackhat admin, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  7. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    affiliate marketing is the best way to earn some money without investing too much.

8. kate_T

kate_T Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you want to start an online business or find an online job? business= depends on your passion. job= depends on your skills.

kate_T, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  9. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Since you have writing skills, I would suggest you start writing to get some cash for your daily expenses and spare a few hours every day to investigate business ideas and act them out. I wouldn't start full time internet marketing or anything else that is not guaranteed to make any income. However, if you have steady income from writing (and it is easy to do using odesk, elance, fiverr etc...just like suggested above) then you can develop your other business ideas on the side, at least until you make more money from your marketing efforts than you do with writing.

syda, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  10. Jason Lavis

Jason Lavis Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that there is an easy answer for this question. Niche selection and shiny object syndrome are the 2 biggest challenges for a new online business person.

Unless you get lucky, it is unlikely that you will find a shortcut to the learning process. Keep your day job, then keep learning. Keyword research is the best place to start. Find places where there is profit available but not too much competition.

In the meantime you could start a Wordpress site about something that interests you and are passionate about. This will help you learn the ropes, and still have an asset later on.

Most people fail again and again until they get some online success.

Jason Lavis, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  11. Hungryforsuccess

Hungryforsuccess Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you start with something really simple like a Free blog online and see if you can generate some interest. Another thing you could try to do is make a facebook page and upload good valuable content regular in a certain niche of your choice, once you have 20k + likes market the products to them.

Hungryforsuccess, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  12. headman009

headman009 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can write reviews for some cash, but you should understand there are a lot or reviewers like you. So you need to find your niche

headman009, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  13. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are good at writing then offer writing services to people. Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest online business to start.

kb24, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  14. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    You could try ebay that's what I did when I first started out selling information products, it worked very well.

markinternet, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  15. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've tried everything, Amazon, ebay, Kindle, Fiverr, Twitter, Facebook, niche sites, authority sites, blogs, you name it, I've tried it. I've bought a bunch of WSOs from Warrior Forum and nothing really has worked for me. One thing that did work was arbitrage. Being the middle man in a transaction and getting paid. Basically I went on Fiverr and bought something for a sweet deal and sold it to someone online for hundreds more. I also made some money on Fiverr selling things and through Amazon kindle too. I only did this once but it gave me some cash to work with in my pursuits. As a newbie I would try one thing and just stick to it. Don't beat a dead horse but stick with it, don't give up after a couple hours or days or even weeks. Some things take a while to manifest.

01123581321345589144, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  16. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    the issue here is to find the way to earn something and investing really low. In other situations you could be rich and just spending a lot of money in advertising, that will bring you success but not covering your expenses. So, let's consider the example where we are not rich (because it's the true situation, we are not rich).

if you find a method to just earn a little and covering all your expenses (advertising as example), you made it. Then you need to focus on the same method and create multiple websites.

17. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very good topic and great answers.

Mirodenia, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  18. NameBird

NameBird Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have good writting skills, the creating a blog seems like a good idea, and if it starts gaining traffic, you could be earning quite a bit of money, however theres always the risk that the blog may not really take off, however if you just want a normal job, there's plenty of opportunity of freelancing on any forum, or freelancer.com, odesk.com, for writing jobs, or copy past jobs etc.

NameBird, Jan 11, 2015 IP
  19. puppy1408

puppy1408 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should find job in problogger.com. It has many blogging job with high salary

puppy1408, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  20. Kishanwala

Kishanwala Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to me affiliate marketing is the best options for online marketing as well as to earn good money without any investment.

Kishanwala, Jan 23, 2015 IP