1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Penguin 3.0 Hit & How fast Disavow Tool Help ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Banglamart, Nov 6, 2014.

Hello SEO Experts ,

I have hit hard (badly) by Google Penguin 3.0 from position 02 to 35. Now we have run link cleanup and uploaded Disavow Tool last week. NO manual Penalty , Just SERP drop.

I have cleaned up many back-link and uploaded Disavow file to GWT.

Now my question is , do anybody has an idea how fast we can expect to re-gain my position ?

Can the Disavow Tool Help in a Quick Google Penalty Recovery? If yes, how long ?

Any other tips ?

Banglamart, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  2. mindlesswizard

mindlesswizard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know about linkpatrolwp.com ?? One of the best tool to clean up your bad link profile.

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/introducing-linkpatrol-wordpress-plugin-search-engine-journal/110987/

mindlesswizard, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  3. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    And we have improved with this Google update of algo. But we were down for more than 1 year due to last year's G algo update.

expertofexperts, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  4. Banglamart

Banglamart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So would it be a good ideal tostart with new domain ? Any advice ?

Banglamart, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  5. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    usually within 2 to 3 months Google forgives. It's very difficult to keep second-guessing what the various Google updates will target next. My suggestion is to simply ensure that you avoid back links from spamy sites.

It doesn't take a lot to work out what these sites might be. Focus on the quality of your back links and utilise social media such as Facebook and twitter which Google seems to favour at the moment in its algorithms.

lightlysalted, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  6. asiogroup

asiogroup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It took me exactly 3 months for the disavow tool to take effect.
    [​IMG]
    You can see I submitted links on 16th June and started getting results on 23rd September.
    documented here

asiogroup, Nov 17, 2014 IP
    Kay Rae likes this.
  7. EduAffiliates

EduAffiliates Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    disavow is very-very slow... it can take anywhere from 1-2 months to half a year

EduAffiliates, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  8. oliviersaenen

oliviersaenen Member

Best Answers:
    Takes a couple months man..

oliviersaenen, Nov 19, 2014 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The reason why some of the websites decreased its rankings in the search results is the sites were involved in link schemes and it will take time to clean up your profile links and while waiting for another update or changes in the search results, use interesting and engaging content to replace those bad links. This will tell the search engine that your site is consistent to provide hub of information to the targeted audience.

KylieSweet, Nov 19, 2014 IP
  10. Udayashri

Udayashri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Honesty and Transparency are the Keypoints to ensure you with the results.Google is very much clear with all the terms in submitting a reconsideration letter. In 2012 , matcutts stated in google webmaster video that it takes few days to one week to handle the requests & ocassionally if the requests are pending it can take upto 2 weeks. However, if it doesn't happens with you in two weeks you should resubmit your request. Mention all the efforts you have put into in getting the site revoked step by step in the reconsideration letter(If you have got a message to webmasters). Other wise, after 2 weeks try to download the webmaster report and again try to remove some more links which are harmful.
    I think this may help you.

Udayashri, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  11. Kay Rae

Kay Rae Member

Best Answers:
    Curious how fast they will look at the disavow list cause one of my affiliation sites got hit from someone trying to de-rank it with a spam bot. Can't find out anything about the disavow updates anywhere.

Kay Rae, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  12. tearwanhaif

tearwanhaif Banned

Best Answers:
    My website too got penalized and it was impossible to clean-up bad backlinks because I hired A SEO person to build backlinks and that did damage to my site... I manually reviewed each of my backlinks and Disavowed bad one.... I hope to get up in Google rankings after submitting Disavow File, 1 week has passed but there is no sign of Disavow Tool churning the SERP to identify right websites for placing them on Top.

tearwanhaif, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  13. enikram

enikram Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since you don't know what you are saying, it only deals with your own links on your own site. Unless you don't know what you are doing on your own wordpress site, this tool is completely useless to 99.9999999999% of all people.

enikram, Dec 24, 2014 IP
  14. tuffgeekers

tuffgeekers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your website got penalized and drop your ranking as well so use the Google policy and technique that how to delete bad backlinks and recover my ranking. Google provide a tool name as Disavow link tool.

tuffgeekers, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  15. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First of all there is no assurance that disavowing back links will improve your rankings. How so sure you are that the links you're going to removes are bad in the eyes of google? What if the link you're disavowing is important in the eye of google?

Your site is down from 2 to 35 , in my opinion that is not really big drop and I don't feel there is a penalty happened, if your site is find no where in the SERP then start worrying about penalty.

Instead of wasting your time disavowing links, I suggest use your time building quality links. Eventually your site will be back to first page of SERP

PinoyIto, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  16. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You did NOT recover because of the disavow submission. You recovered from Panda by fixing your sites content. Panda has nothing to do with the disavow tool in ANY way shape or form.

The disinformation out there with the disavow is scary.

The disavow tool does not work for its intended purposes.

The ONLY way to recover from Penguin is to remove links. I've yet to be proven wrong. You can disavow all effing day and never see any type of positive results. How do I know? I tried this for over a year with one domain.

If you want to recover from Penguin start by removing the crappy links pointed to your site.

SEOsince99, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  17. impros

impros Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One of my old sites dropped and I disavowed the links and it took about 4 months to come back, it does work trust me I have seen it a couple of times and it does creep back.

impros, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  18. knezevolk

knezevolk Member

Best Answers:
    My experience also shows that the use of only Disavow takes no effect - you need to actually physically remove links.

knezevolk, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  19. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You, just like the other guy, are confusing different algorithm updates with "disavow working".

The disavow tool does not work, if it worked as intended SEO's could manipulate Google's algorithm to levels that even Google wouldn't want. It would a direct backdoor to SERP sculpting, allowing for rampant SPAM to only "discount" the links you don't want to count. Think about that for a second.

Why not spam the crap out of the internet and then just disavow all the low quality and blatantly obvious links?

SEOsince99, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  20. ahmansoor

ahmansoor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi , just using Disavow Tool not gona help. You should work on increasing proportion of good links by gaining more 'good' links while having a user-friendly and informative website.

ahmansoor, Jan 1, 2015 IP