1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

new blog. save best post ideas for when site has traffic?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by jasonk1234, Dec 29, 2014.

starting a new blog

have a dozen great post ideas, a dozen good post ideas, and some decent post ideas

does it make sense to save the best post ideas for when i have some traffic and subscribers?

or do i start with my best post ideas in hopes of bringing traffic and subscribers?

jasonk1234, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  2. CaliStyle

CaliStyle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would do 3-4 decent ideas first. Whenever I first create a blog I always like to just get some content on there. If you have people coming to your blog and there is no or little content they are going to leave with a quickness. So the first few posts are just so the site doesn't look dead. Then that is when you start to post your killer posts. Post one and then take 3-4 full days of promoting that one post every where you can. Social media, other blogs, forums, etc. Then I would post another great post right after that and do the same thing. Having two killer posts from the beginning of the blog will show what you have to offer on your blog, and what you will continue to offer in the future. From this point I would start spreading them out further. 3-4 decent posts and then another killer post. By the time you have posted all those amazing ideas I am sure you will have come up with 5-10 more amazing ideas to post.

CaliStyle, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  3. jasonk1234

jasonk1234 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great response Calistyle. and makes perfect sense. I will try to have value in every post. but save the gold till I'm a few posts deep

jasonk1234, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  4. Roydlanco

Roydlanco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Saving your best for the last doesn't really apply well in the internet world. Best of your ideas have to show up initially, in order to pull in traffic that's required to get things up and going. As explained by @CaliStyle , its imperative to maintain a mixture of decent and killer posts that keeps you in the game all the time. There will be times when your "BEST" pieces will fail to meet your expectations and your decent ones will do the trick. That's how you would come to know both sides of the story and fabricate posts accordingly. Best of Luck!

Roydlanco, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  5. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Rule #1 Post everyday.

Post your best posts. Sometimes there will be posts that aren't as good as others. But never post something you think is subpar just because you don't have any traffic yet. You get traffic by posting legit content. If you have decent posts than work on them a bit, make them better, THEN post them by mixing it up with the other greater and lesser posts.

Go to the social media sites like Linkedin and Facebook and Twitter and Tumblr and Pinterest to get the traffic you'll need for a profitable blog/website.

01123581321345589144, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  6. Waqas Qureshi

Waqas Qureshi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice question for new bloggers specifically
    What you exactly looking for when you initiate a blog ? Traffic ! Traffic ! & Traffic !
    However, the market behavior of bloggers is to rush through different techniques and want everything so early or on the other side to post garbage in the begiining and try to save the best for the rest ( end ).

Keep this thing in mind clear as crystal , blogging has no end. You have to plan and go for big things with superb story writing of whatever you are choosing. This is like you seed today and it payback's you after a year. So seed the best one today !

Waqas Qureshi, Jan 8, 2015 IP