1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling $700/mo Income - Reputable Web Hosting Reviews and Coupons Site - Unique Design and Content!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Boardwalk, Dec 27, 2014.

The site features honest web hosting reviews and an extensive archive of discount coupons. It also has a blog and a hosting guide for newbies in order to drive additional traffic to the main pages.

=== Site Overview ===

Up for grabs is a web hosting review and web hosting coupons site. There are hundreds, if not thousands of other review sites on the web, so what makes this site different?

This hosting review site provides 100% HONEST reviews on web hosting providers. I personally try each web host for at least one month before publishing a review on them. By doing this, each review is based on a real customer's actual experience and the site's visitors can expect a similar experience should they decide to sign up with that host.

The site is fairly well-known on WebHostingTalk, the leading web hosting forum on the internet. Other WHT members recommend this site to newbies who are searching for verified reviews.

=== Features ===

• WordPress-powered website with almost 400 indexed pages on Google
    • Site ranks on the first page for several web hosting review/coupon-related keywords; ranks #2 for "honest web hosting reviews"
    • Blog with relevant articles and news about the web hosting industry
    • Detailed web hosting guide written in plain English so newbies won't feel like they have no idea what they're reading
    • 100% unique logo
    • 100% unique WordPress theme
    • Various premium WordPress plugins such as WPMU's snapshot, Formidable Pro, OIO ad manager.
    === Social ===

The site's dedicated Twitter account has 160+ followers.

I don't really use Facebook and G+ but all my tweets are syndicated to these two other platforms as well.

I will give the new owner access to these social accounts.

=== Traffic Info ===

The site gets around 12,000 page views per month, mostly from search engines and WebHostingTalk.

See attached screenshot for StatCounter stats.

=== Monetization ===

1. Affiliate Sales

The site earns mostly through affiliate sales. Each web host pays a minimum of $15 per sale. Some of the listed companies pay $100 per sale.

I attached some screenshots of my affiliate accounts with various web hosts, although these aren't indicative of the whole picture.

It's important to note that it's a bit complicated for me to show complete proof of this site's monthly income. Why?

1. Some hosts pay a percentage of each sale and not a flat rate, so sometimes a host pays me $300+ a month, sometimes it's just $100+.
    2. Some hosts don't send payouts via PayPal so no screenshots.
    3. Hosts use different platforms to manage affiliates and some of them don't archive commission/payout history (e.g., Stablehost).
    4. I don't withdraw some of the money I made by promoting a few handful companies. Instead, I use them as hosting credits for my other projects. Due to this, I can only provide you screenshots of the client area. These screenshots show the number of referrals/amount of credits earned. The credits may be withdrawn as cash though.
    I don't check all my affiliate accounts every now and then.. I just withdraw every month and the average income is $700 a month. If you have any questions regarding proof of income please do not hesitate to ask! I am a very open person and would be willing provide any proof you may require.

These are some of the companies that get the most signups:

- Stablehost ($25/sale)

- MDDHosting ($15 to $25/sale)

- SiteGround ($50/sale)

UPDATE: PAYPAL SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED. Irrelevant transactions have been blanked out. I haven't collected most of my commissions due this month, so the December statement has almost nothing. The $50 payment there is for a one month banner ad. You can see some of the pending commissions by viewing the MDDHosting ($330 balance) and Stablehost ($200 balance) client area screenshots.

2. Ad Spots

I sell ad spots on the site for $50 per month. I limit the number of ads in the rotation to two but the new owner may change this to any value they see fit. Currently, both spots are booked until January 20, 2015. I am unsure if both advertisers are going to renew after.

The advertisers' contact info will be given to the new owner.

=== Expenses ===

1. Hosting ($10-15/month)

The site is currently hosted on a VPS that I am not paying for. The site will run perfectly fine even if hosted on a shared/semi-dedicated hosting platform that costs around $10-15/month.

2. SSL certificate ($0.83/month)

I bought a PositiveSSL cert for the domain. This costs around $10 per YEAR.

3. FeedPress ($2.50/month)

I use FeedPress to manage the site's subscribers. You may choose to continue using FeedPress or opt for another solution to save on the costs.

4. Blog posts ($17.50/500 words)

I pay a freelancer to write blog posts whenever I'm busy. I employ a high-quality writer for $3.50 per 100 words. I chose a quality writer to make sure that all articles are engaging and search engine friendly. This in turn makes sure that visitors come back for more.

The freelancer's contact info will be given to the buyer.

5. Signing up for new services

Obviously, I pay to sign up for web hosts in order to review them. The cost is usually less than $5 per month per host and most of the time I don't renew after a month. If I get a good deal, for let's say $25 per year then I take that and keep the hosting account for one whole year.

It's up to the new owner if they plan to run the site in a similar fashion. One thing you should keep in mind is people use this website to get a different perspective on hosts -- most of the visitors are tired of the usual "top 10 = Bluehost, HostGator, GoDaddy, etc." and they're looking for ALTERNATIVES to these companies.

=== Reason For Selling ===

I'm selling this site because I'd like to focus on my web development projects. Writing reviews, posting coupons, and publishing blog posts take time and effort and I simply don't have the time to do all those anymore.

=== Domain Info ===

The domain is registered with Namecheap. It's registered until December 4, 2015. Free push to your Namecheap account. If you wish to transfer it to another registrar, you will be responsible for all the associated fees.

=== Payment Method ===

Payment will be accepted via escrow only. The buyer shall be responsible for all the escrow fees.

=== Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) ===

Q: Will you give me your affiliate accounts or will I have to sign up for my own accounts?

A: You will have to sign up for your own affiliate account for every web hosting company. It's free so you don't have to worry about that.

Q: How frequently do you publish reviews?

A: I publish 1 to 2 reviews every month.

Q: Is it easy to add reviews and coupons?

A: Yes! Reviews and coupons have their own custom post types in WordPress which makes it easy even for beginners to manage the site.

Q: How are reviews different from blog posts?

A: Reviews are, well, strictly reviews. Blog posts can be anything from web hosting mini-tutorials, to web hosting news, to general web hosting-related rants.

Q: Who writes your blog posts?

A: I write most of them, but I sometimes hire a freelancer to create posts when I'm very busy. I pay $3.50 per 100 words and it's very well worth the money. More informative articles mean more search engine exposure for the site!

The freelancer's contact info will be given to the buyer.

Q: I noticed you use FeedPress for content syndication. Will you transfer the account to me?

A: Unfortunately you'll have to signup for your own FeedPress account. It costs $30 per year ($2.50/month) and this is included in the declared monthly operating costs.

=== Traffic and Income Proof ===

PayPal and StatCounter Screenshots: http://postimg.org/gallery/z117mqri/
    Pending Commissions Screenshots: http://postimg.org/gallery/43hahwng/

Happy bidding!

Boardwalk, Dec 27, 2014 IP
  2. cntt8x

cntt8x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    What is ur reserve?

cntt8x, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  3. Boardwalk

Boardwalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Reserve is confidential. What I can tell you is it's at mid $x,xxx

Boardwalk, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  4. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    where does traffic come from? do you have proof or traffic?

praetserge, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  5. Boardwalk

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Around 60% of the traffic come from search engines. See the first post for proof of traffic.

Boardwalk, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  6. Yurecm

Yurecm Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    can i see proof of income ?

Yurecm, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  7. Boardwalk

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please see the paypal and pending commission screenshots above.

Boardwalk, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  8. devon

devon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    80.0% - 8
    I sent you PM, please check it. Thanks!

devon, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  9. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You get your money in 2 month! That is a very good investment.

aditd, Jan 15, 2015 IP