1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building new WP site on older site

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ParaStorm5, Dec 29, 2014.

I need to build a WP site on an existing URL that has a website already. What is the best way to go about this?

IE: domainnamehere.com exists.. building a WP site while the old site stays up.. Should I call it new.domainnamehere.com or domainnamehere.com/new ?

Make sense?

ParaStorm5, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  2. CaliStyle

CaliStyle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with the new directory vs staring a subdomain. When you use the directory the SEO from the original site will transfer to that one. If you do a sub domain that is the same as starting a whole new website in googles eyes. So SEO and link building wise you would be starting all over.

CaliStyle, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  3. ParaStorm5

ParaStorm5 Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Awesome. The new directory will only be valid during the building of the WP site. Once done, the old site will be taken down and this moved over to the domain. So all I will need to do is change the sql file to direct it to the normal domain once completed using the new directory?

ParaStorm5, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  4. hangbowl

hangbowl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Don't forget to disable Search Engine indexing at your development site.

hangbowl, Dec 29, 2014 IP