1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelancing websites - where to outsource this work?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Danago, Dec 28, 2014.

I haven't really used freelancing websites in the past, however I will soon have a job that I'd like to outsource. I know of some of the larger sites, but I'd appreciate some advice on which site(s) are generally best for the type of job I'm looking to have done.

I have a list of about 400 website addresses, and I need somebody to go through each to pull particular details (e.g. contact details, opening hours, etc.) - clearly a job that doesn't require too much skill, however will be time consuming.

In your experience, where would be a good place to outsource this type of work? I've seen a couple of similar jobs posted on Freelancer.com, however I'd like to explore all options.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel

Danago, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  2. Upside Down Studios

Upside Down Studios Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Ive used Elance.com previously and have always been havppy with the work

Upside Down Studios, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  3. winoull

winoull Member

Best Answers:
    I use odisk

winoull, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  4. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely Elance or oDesk. There are tons of people who specialize in this - just use the keyword "data mining". There are people willing to do this for as low as 10 cents per contact, at least that's what I got from one of the freelancers at oDesk about a year ago.

Alex Toll, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  5. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Elance or odesk in my case. I work on elance and it's a really good place to find quality freelancers. Have also given some jobs and was pleased with the outcome. If you want smaller prices, odesk is better, but some freelancers shouldn't even be providing services. Let's say I got some terrific deals out there, but also had to do a lot of searching and micro-management.

SuperiorWD, Dec 31, 2014 IP
  6. Danago

Danago Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information everyone! This gives me a great starting point to work from

Danago, Dec 31, 2014 IP
  7. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely try Elance or oDesk, they are the best IMO. Really, this kind of work is very simple and there are tons of people who can do it for you at a great price if you look around, you shouldn't have a problem finding a freelancer.

cronik, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  8. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could try Fiverr, Freelanced, different forums, etc.

funmom91, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  9. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of great sites that are targeted to what you will be needing if you are looking to outsource a project.
    Aside from Odesk and Freelancer, if you are looking for a graphic designer, 99designs.com is one of the best places to look into. Alternatives are Elance and Staff.com.
    Staff.com is a bit different since it focuses in hiring full time employees rather than part times. Of course, they also endorse skilled freelancers for short-termed projects.
    I guess all these sites have something in common, you can post a job on their site without having any upfront fees and get the best freelancer that you want. Just like how Staff.com works.

jonrod, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  10. headman009

headman009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alone with my colleagues above, I agree that oDesk, Elance and Fiverr are suit you well. And fiverr - the cheapest one

headman009, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  11. UncommonTrend

UncommonTrend Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I prefer oDesk; great experience with all of my job postings.

UncommonTrend, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  12. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I like Odesk and have sold and bought on it. I haven't used Elance but I hear it's good. I'd stick to those two.

01123581321345589144, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  13. puppy1408

puppy1408 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have seen these kind of job in Crowd flower, i did it before, very low price just 1-20 cents/task with high accurate percentage. In amazon turk has these too, but higher price

puppy1408, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  14. Jordan Thompson

Jordan Thompson Peon

Best Answers:
    When i need to hire freelancers for cheap i have found that the most effective is odesk.com. Just make sure you use someone recommended. I used them for my site http://www.braxpestcontrol.com

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Jordan Thompson, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  15. irj

irj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Odesk works pretty well, but you have to make very small contracts on there to build trust. Once you find a good contractor keep using him/her. Let me explain, I have even found users with many hours and high ratings to be very bad at what they are suppposed to do. Also be ready for a bunch of liars that say they can do your job when they dont even understand the details. Many contractors use other people's jobs or websites on their portfolio. There is really no way of telling if they actually did any of that work.

I prefer to pay a little extra money and work with contractors from countries who have a bit higher pay rate, but understand quality of work.

irj, Jan 23, 2015 IP