1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top Marketing Strategies & Tactics to Drive Massive Traffic To Your Website!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dalvarezss11, Dec 14, 2014.

There is a LOT of gimmicky advice out there and a lot of confusion. With this post, even though I suspect it might be quite lengthy, I hope to clear some confusion and also help those who deem the advice necessary.

There's an on-going thought among beginner internet marketers that you have to spend ridiculous amounts of money in PPC or in stupid "get xxxx amount of people to your website with xxx" money scams. The four pillars of success in terms of traffic are -
    • Locate the People
    • Provide Value
    • Build Relationships
    • Constant Interaction
    It all seems pretty simple and common sense but people often overlook these principles. Let me go in detail.

Locate the People

Again, pretty self-explanatory. For this what you want to do is find where the people in your market are. This could be in specific forums, social networks, or other platforms of networking. For instance, people interested in internet marketing hang out at forums like DigitalPoint. People interested in Men's Fashion hangout at websites like FashionBeans. People interested in dating visit websites like OkCupid or PlentyOfFish. Find them and be friendly, approachable, offer value and don't waste anyone's time.

Provide Value

This is a huge component of your success in blogging generally. That means not only value but also traffic, authority, credibility, reliability trustworthiness and overall quality of the website and content.
    What does value look like? It looks like unique content that hasn't been thrown around the net since the advent of networking. It doesn't look like a sentence inundated with all your keywords because "SEO, bro." It doesn't look like a bunch of incoherent sentences filled with affiliate link to profit off your readers. It looks like highly valuable information that your audience can actually benefit off of and will be more than glad to share with their friends. That's how the word spread and your traffic increases -> by not putting out shit.

Build Relationships

This is also huge because once you have continuous traffic you're going to want to keep it around, right? There's a business principle that states that 80% of your sales, come from 20% of your customers. That 20% is the one you have to focus on. Build strong relationships with the people that are genuinely interested in you and what you have to say because they'll be the ones purchasing your products, referring to their friends and being your closest ally.
    You build relationships through comments, social media, e-mail and anywhere you can keep in touch, and that's where the next pillar comes in.

Constant Interaction

Constant Interaction is the means by which you develop and nurture relationships. This is why many bloggers and websites stress that you give them your e-mail, follow them on social medias and post in the comment section. Because they're genuinely interested in forming a relationship with their audience and engaging with their questions, concerns and opinions.
    This is a factor that should not be overlooked because it can be very detrimental to your success. If the people that come to your blog feel disconnected and thus not a part of its community, they will stop coming after a while simply because their interest and overall experience will begin to wane. So keep in touch with your readers!

I hope you guys found this guide useful, it is what I personally use. Questions, concerns, fuck you's are welcomed!

dalvarezss11, Dec 14, 2014 IP
    Numenorean7 likes this.
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very basic yet very essential.
    These information are actually what should marketing strategy be.
    This ain't a secret but sometimes people tend to forget about the basics.

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  3. misslenali

misslenali Member

Best Answers:
    thank you :) nice to see serious marketing tactics. It is not about google it is about the people interested in your niche.
    If you earn links for beeing real google will love you forever also ;)

misslenali, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  4. Numenorean7

Numenorean7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like Patricia said, those points are quite basic, but you made them very clear and to the point.

I think that those points are a very good place to start if you are looking for ways to increase your traffic and visitor base. You need to know what you want to provide to who, content wise.

Numenorean7, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  5. web ideas

web ideas Peon

Best Answers:
    That great!

web ideas, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  6. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Will be great articles for starters out there! Great job mate!

Pillai.G, Dec 27, 2014 IP
  7. misslenali

misslenali Member

Best Answers:
    why did the word link in my post become clickable??? I didn´t link it!!

misslenali, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you hover over it you will see that it's an ad by Digitalpoint. They are sort of like in-text ads. No need to worry about that, everyone gets them here and there.

qwikad.com, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  9. misslenali

misslenali Member

Best Answers:
    thanks QwikAd :) got scared for a moment.... thought maybe I got so old so I forgot what I did... phewwww... my brain is still with me ;)

misslenali, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  10. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your post dalvarezss11

Providing value is key to any business online or offline. Value comes in many different ways such as perceived value in relation to your customers perception of you, your service/products etc, plus added value in the sense that you provide more added value then they are expecting.

Building relationships is also key particularly in providing LEVERAGE in your business. You cant build a 6 figure business on your own so having key partners will be essential to your success. Follow F.O.R.M its a relationships building formula I use everyday and works amazingly well.

F- talk about their family..
    O- talk about their occupation
    R- talk about their recreation/hobbies
    M- Now your ready to introduce your sales message and they will listen to you.

F.O.R.M first then try and sell after is the magic formula. Most people do the other way around and fail or just sell and don´t get to know people.

Hope that helps

Mark

markinternet, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  11. h4ns3n

h4ns3n Member

Best Answers:
    I enjoyed reading this. It's actually one of the better pieces i've seen on a forum about marketing.

I've made the mistake of sweating the small things, trying to focus on dotting i's and crossing t's without making sure my content is super awesome and that it adds value. I've just enrolled for a writing course which I hope will help me become a better writer overall.

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm really glad it resonates with mine.

h4ns3n, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  12. Kay Rae

Kay Rae Member

Best Answers:
    Building relationships with influencers or relevant niche sites is a huge way to tag team past major competitors.

Kay Rae, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  13. Roment Biplob

Roment Biplob Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very good share.. Thanks

Roment Biplob, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  14. Molly Ekman

Molly Ekman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well done. you have described marketing strategies in very specific way. Quiet a helpful guidance for begainers like me.

Molly Ekman, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  15. vij

vij Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the OP. SEO in 2014 and beyond is all about value and relationships.

vij, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  16. rajniseo

rajniseo Member

Best Answers:
    Really help information. We should not focus on getting traffic but focus on building relationship with the audience you are targeting.

rajniseo, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  17. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is a great basic explanation. I agree with what was said but I feel creating relationships could not be covered enough. The personal links you make with other people can make the biggest difference in weather you make it or don't. Knowing people and knowing what they want is so important. Create a personality that everyone can enjoy and make your name known.

hunterhancock, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  18. Guy Hadas

Guy Hadas Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google makes it quite clear... Make your website all about your users - We will follow along...

Guy Hadas, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  19. Molly Ekman

Molly Ekman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well,thats bit true, ultimately increasing traffic is nothing but to reach upto users expectations. But some of modern seo techniques like amplification of visual contents, link building etc, which can be effective as well.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    Molly Ekman, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  20. TechMagic

TechMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    That means loyalty. I agree that returning users are not less important that new.

TechMagic, Jan 21, 2015 IP