1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Algorithm Update 12/21/2014? - Huge Traffic Drop but Still Indexed

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by LindseyInteractive, Dec 23, 2014.

Hello Guys,

We bought a website which is (http://gamestune.com), it is basically a syndicated website, it was getting 500+ page views per month, then on December 21, 2014 the traffic COMPLETELY disappeared (http://www.histats.com/viewstats/?act=2&sid=2857206) as you can see.

I looked and there is no message in Webmaster Tools, no Automated Actions, no Manual Actions, and the number of indexed pages in Google are going up, so I am not sure what happened, normally when we see this type of drop in traffic, we got some sort of action in WMT and/or you see the site has been deindexed, but that hasn't happened, so we are not sure what is going on.

Please let us know if anyone has any thoughts or can show us what has happened with algorithm changes.

LindseyInteractive, Dec 23, 2014 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously? I see nothing useful for anyone on the site. Its just scraped links. Why would Google want to send any searcher to the site for? Definitely a Panda/Thin content issue.
    I am surprised your adsense account has not been banned for the scraped content.
    You really need to fix all that ASAP.

Agent000, Dec 23, 2014 IP
  3. vinay.seolink

vinay.seolink Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes,
    I also agree with Agent000
    Your site has no have content. so perhaps google spammed to your site according to panda algorithms. So 1st you add good qualities sonmtent in home pages & also inner pages. then send to request remove penatising.

vinay.seolink, Dec 23, 2014 IP
  4. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no as such Google update on December 21st. Kindly fix the things according to Google guidelines before you get permanent ban form Big G.

karen9999, Dec 23, 2014 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How do you know that? Google make >500 algorithm changes a yr, so there is a pretty good chance that there was at least one on that day.

Agent000, Dec 23, 2014 IP
  6. LindseyInteractive

LindseyInteractive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know the content is not useful, I know this, (btw we have changed adsense off it), but the question was to see if something happened with algorithims in the past couple of days, that just caused traffic to drop in one day is all, as it had been getting traffic for months from Google.

LindseyInteractive, Dec 24, 2014 IP
  7. LindseyInteractive

LindseyInteractive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually looked this morning and it looks like Google is starting to deindexed certain pages....that explains it.

LindseyInteractive, Dec 24, 2014 IP
  8. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only see a serious problem with CONTENT here... I can't even get the point of this website... Sorry....

patco, Jan 1, 2015 IP