1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Company website - Looking for some reviews

Discussion in 'Websites' started by maddoggmedia, Dec 21, 2014.

Hey all,
    Just looking for some reviews and input on my new website.

http://maddoggmedia.com

Still got a few things to do to finish it....

Regards,
    Ray

maddoggmedia, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  2. jasonk1234

jasonk1234 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    everything looks good.
    my only suggestion would be moving the "we build brands that ..." slogan up because I didnt know what your site was about until I scrolled down.
    if that image slider at top wasnt moving so fast maybe i could of got a better idea of general site.
    only chose this issue as i could find nothing else.

jasonk1234, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  3. maddoggmedia

maddoggmedia Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks JasonK, That is a good idea, Im gonna adjust some of the header areas and slow down that slider ;)

maddoggmedia, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Think flatter and more muted colors actually. That green is pretty rough stuff and across the board things are not in the same color palette.

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  5. maddoggmedia

maddoggmedia Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Thanks Nigel, That looks like a pretty sweet lil color schemer. Ill check it out. What do you mean about the green being rough? Visually...or?

Regards,
    Ray

maddoggmedia, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep. Keep in mind I am sort of exhausted but that green is basically neon to me and the stuff above it like creative, strategic etc. All that stuff is frankly sorta crazy early 90's color wise. Its like looking at a gumball machine.

That it doesn't really reflect the task at hand(or the level at which you do it) would be the issue in a sense. I hope that was not snarky as well. I make a living telling people what to do. I am probably a tad better at it than actually doing stuff lol..

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  7. maddoggmedia

maddoggmedia Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    LOL, no worries Nigel I appreciate the input. Im gonna go through it tonight and revamp the color scheme. Thanks again for taking the time man.

Regards,
    Ray

maddoggmedia, Dec 23, 2014 IP
  8. GetMyWebsiteReviewed

GetMyWebsiteReviewed Peon

Best Answers:
    Some very basic issues:

1. Page load speed is pretty slow.
    2. First impression is I've no idea what you're offering, had started reading the slider before it slid as per usual. Tagline/headline missing.
    3. Sliders are really bad anyway for lots of key metrics, including bounce rate, conversion rate, seo etc. etc.
    4. Speaking of which, it doesn't look like any seo has been done, e.g. the title is "The Luxury of Working With Professionals" and first h1 is "Raymond Gill". Good luck getting pagerank from big G with that! Have your target keywords been defined?
    5. The primary cta as it stands is "See Our Work", is this really what you want visitors to do first?? In any event, clicking it does nothing in Chrome at least, which kinda defeats the purpose!
    6. I doubt you're going to give anyone a quote based on "a short description" of their needs, surely "Request a callback" would be better.
    7. No idea how your results have been proven or who "Victor Dorfman" is.
    8. Raymond Gill and Andrew Reed look reeeally similar! :D

GetMyWebsiteReviewed, Dec 23, 2014 IP
  9. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have some real world metrics you can show me to back that up? I have been telling people the same shit for 3 weeks. Though, I am largely making it up on the fly. I am tired of waiting for things to load etc. I have a message to get across that doesn't involve poofy looking shit.

Nigel Lew, Dec 23, 2014 IP
  10. GetMyWebsiteReviewed

GetMyWebsiteReviewed Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure do! Have a look at the links below for starters. The key point is about 1% of visitors click on a slider, even though it typically dominates the page above the fold. Obviously this makes no sense if conversion is a priority. I normally ask people if their top priority is for their website to make money or look flashy. If anyone said the latter I'd tell them to go elsewhere, but surprisingly it's never happened yet!

http://shouldiuseacarousel.com/
    http://erikrunyon.com/2013/01/carousel-stats/
    http://www.nngroup.com/articles/auto-forwarding/

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    GetMyWebsiteReviewed, Dec 24, 2014 IP