1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Hijacking by GISOL ( Global Internet Solutions)

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by wmghori, Dec 11, 2006.

Hi,

Can someone tell me who should I report if the host hijack the domains?

We got three domains registered and hosted with GISOL. Now we want to move to another host. I'm trying to contact GISOL for the change of name servers and domain transfer for more than 2 months now. they are responding to all the other tickets or emails but they are not answering the tickets about the domain transfer. Every time I call their support line they said your request has been forwarded to the Domain Management department but they still haven't answered it yet. The registrar said they can't do anything about it as the domains are registered through GISOL.

What should I do or whom to report if even the registrar is not able to help us?

wmghori, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  2. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    You should notify ICANN.... if that helps.....
    Do you have access to domain name control panel? Do you have auth_code for transfer ?

lkj, Dec 12, 2006 IP
    wmghori likes this.
  3. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Only thing I can edit is the Whois records from their control panel.

wmghori, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  4. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to edit the title of your thread, however understandable what
    you were feeling that time.

Anyway, I'm guessing their actual registrar partner is Network Solutions based
    on doing a WHOIS lookup on their domain name. Network Solutions does have
    an in-house process to transfer domain names from their reseller into a direct
    account with them.

Legal agreements currently force the registrar to refer all end-users to their
    reseller first before stepping in. If you've really exhausted all efforts to attain
    any fruitful results from them, then contact the registrar partner and explain
    all the circumstances.

I happen to know that Network Solutions has 2 processes: an online one that
    requires confirmation via the email on record, or a fax process if the online one
    won't work or if the domain name has expired. The latter can take long.

While you can question the registrar's policies on such, be ready to do what
    they tell you. ICANN isn't going to help you if you didn't exhaust everything
    with the registrar first.

Next time, make sure to register your domain names with a real registrar and
    not with a reseller for one. You just discovered one reason the hard way.

Dave Zan, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  5. wmghori

Best Answers:
    They register our domains with AllDomains registrar. Why edit the topic?

wmghori, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  6. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let's just say the thread title is potentially misleading, especially when there
    are established "standards" on what constitutes domain hijacking.

Unfortunately, yours isn't one of them...yet.

Gisol is reselling for AllDomains, huh? Give it one more shot with Gisol, 24-48
    hours at most.

If by 48 hours nothing fruitful has happened, contact AllDomains and explain
    you've exhausted everything and nothing fruitful has occurred. Hopefully they
    have a process to move your domain name/s to another AllDomains account.

Dave Zan, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  7. tvkas

tvkas Guest

Best Answers:
    I registered to this forum just to respond to this post. I have had exactly the same experience with GISOL/AllDomains. AllDomains is a subset of GISOL I am guessing and they have done exactly the same thing with my domain name.
    I left GISOL because the service was always down and they would not honor the guarantee. I requested permission to control my domain name and was given access to contact information only BUT I could only renew the domain name through GISOL.
    Eventually I needed to renew again and was passed back and forth between AllDomains, GISOL tech support and sales. Nobody would help, they would just pass me back and forth. Over and over again. They did send me to a secure link where I could register and renew my domain but I am no longer a user so have no login I.D. and there is no way I am going to put credit card info on a form I don't trust.

Meanwhile, my domain name expires (good thing I bought a backup name and moved everything to that). And still I can get no help. Eventually I get some message that states that the "free" domain name I had was "leased to me" and I actually have no rights to it. I complained more about this and late one evening i get a phone call at home. It's GISOL and they call to tell me that they are DENYING my request to have the domain name or to renew it because of abusive email messages to them (which is true - I did let them know how I feel). That's funny because they will not respond to tech support messages about this but will call within 10 hours of an abusive message.

My plan was to just let the domain name expire and snap it back up when it becomes free using a REAL domain name service like Network Solutions or Register (both of whom I have used before).

Well that plan was scuttled when I discovered that they RENEWED my domain name back to themselves and will not expire for another year! So let's see - I can't renew my own domain name BUT GISOL can without difficulty.

So the term "hijacking" doesn't accurately describe what is happening but in a sense seems apropos. Certainly domain hostage would be accurate. They have acted all along to punish me for leaving GISOL and are de-facto holding that domain name so that there is no way to take possession of it - unless I wanted to make an offer of a few hundred dollars to buy it. I have heard that there are dozens of other people who have had the same experience with GISOL/AllDomains. in my opinion, they are crooks!

tvkas, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  8. wmghori

Best Answers:
    Exactly the same crap they told me that they have leased the domains to me. They charged my credit card for full payment to register the domains to uptill 2010 and now they are saying that they have leased them to me. There is not a single word of leased in their Terms & Conditions and domain registration policy. I think I will complain about them to BBB.

wmghori, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  9. tvkas

tvkas Guest

Best Answers:
    I did go to the BBB but have never heard back, They have listed over 200 complaints against them but am guessing few have been resolved.

Crooks!

tvkas, Dec 16, 2006 IP