1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my gaming blog!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 18, 2014.

Hello, everyone!

I'm looking to receive some feedback/suggestions on a gaming blog I've recently acquired and begun working on. The blog is about the game Minecraft, a sandbox/crafting/survival game. My site aims to provide readers with tutorials (on crafting, building, survival tips, etc.), general tips and tricks, mods, news pertaining to the game, etc.

Click here to visit the site. We're also on Facebook and Twitter.

I am looking forward to your thoughts!

PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  2. Saulkaroo

Saulkaroo Active Member

Best Answers:
    The site is well organized with ads and it has pretty informative content. Still it lacks with the background as it seems lifeless. I know the theme is according to the game, but it's still looking like the website of 90's, inspite of having so many colors to choose from.

Saulkaroo, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  3. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your feedback and for the kind words! I'm currently trying out a new, more colorful background. So far, I like it! I'll keep experimenting though!

PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  4. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    - Nice domain name :)
    - I like your background but it makes your header/logo disappear a little currently.
    - The link block (with categories and pages) is currently to big or you should add more links there.
    - Try to add atleast 1 image to each article and try to add like 2 / 3 more lines so it won't start looking like spam :p.

If you could review my website as well (quite the same niche) that would be great: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/review-gaming-downloads-platform.2741599/

quiz, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  5. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, quiz! I'll surely review your site.

I'm going to look into grabbing a new logo. The current one looks sort of like '90s Internet' as Saulkaroo put it. As for the footer, good catch. That definitely needs to be minimized.

In terms of adding images to articles, could you elaborate? Do you mean in the articles themselves or the excerpts? All of the articles are of decent length and have at least one image, often more. If you mean the excerpt, I'll try lengthening them a bit.

Thanks again for the review! :D

PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  6. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed, I mean the excerpts :). The articles themselves are fine.

quiz, Dec 22, 2014 IP