1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Accepting Checks In The US While Not Living There?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Anveto, Dec 20, 2014.

I have some longtime clients in the US who still pay me by check even though I do not live in the US at the moment. At this time I have family who can handle the checks and all that but I was wondering if there was a way to solve this without involving a friend or family to cash the checks.

As a business are there any services that I could use in the US that my clients could send their checks to and have them cashed into my account. Of course I know that sending checks here and there may not be secure and personally I prefer payments via credit card, bank transfer, paypal, etc. But I thought I would post this topic to see if there were some interesting solutions that I could offer clients who prefer sending checks.

Anveto, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  2. Amoy

Amoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    BOA has snap shot thing u take a pic of the check and easy cashing . capital one 360 checking has the same thing it is really easy if you have a us bank acc.

Amoy, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  3. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah yes, I have seen that, but it can become troublesome for clients to have to mail the check to another country.

Anveto, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  4. Amoy

Amoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh yes , i get your point now.

Amoy, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  5. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, sure. Nah, but I was looking to see if anyone knew of any services/banks that could take care of this for a business for example. I kind of assumed there would be none out there.

Anveto, Dec 24, 2014 IP
  6. action7777

action7777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most probably epayservices.com can help you

action7777, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  7. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting but it does not seem like they accept checks from private businesses. It seems like anything I come across will be a bit shady and possibly unreliable. Looking at this from a company perspective it would put a lot of risk for them to cash someone elses checks. I think unless a bank offers this service then it is not going to work for me. Thanks for the ideas.

Anveto, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  8. action7777

action7777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just ask them, they have 24h live support on website, not need to register

action7777, Jan 16, 2015 IP
  9. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a US bank account, you might be better off looking for an ACH system so you can just draft your customer's accounts either automatically, or when they want to make a payment. If you're not a US citizen I'm not sure if this would be easy to setup, but would definitely be more convenient if it is possible.

jestep, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  10. Mike hanz

Mike hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Secureglobalprocessing.com

They will give you a VT Terminal, where you can submit the check online, they will process your check for you and transfer the funds to your account after the check clears.

You will have to pay a higher % on each transaction and your funds will be held for a minimum of 2 weeks before payout. But I know for a fact they provide weekly funding but you will haft to wait for the grace period.

Good luck

Mike hanz, Feb 13, 2015 IP