1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can we target long tail keywords ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by vintagea, Nov 27, 2014.

I want to target some long tail keywords like "Best web hosting services in texas".
    if I target this keyword will I get problem.

vintagea, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  2. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can use long tail keywords. No you should not encounter problems. Long tail keywords can help in fact many people are using it today. But there should also be short keywords along with it.

(Sorry had to edit. My bad.)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    usemyteam, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Incorporate the long-tail keywords into your text in a way that sounds good (not spammy) when you read it out loud. That will definitely be a positive, not a negative.

P.S. As a former English teacher, I strongly recommend to my fellow writers that you read aloud what you have written. If it sounds good and makes sense, then you're on the right track.

Jim4767, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  4. Super Achiever

Super Achiever Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's better to target long-tail keywords. Aside from the fact that they're easier to rank, you can find more targeted traffic especially when you specify your location.

Super Achiever, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  5. kamleshnishad

kamleshnishad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Ofcouse you can infect you should target long tail keywords that are less competitive and easy to rank on search engine. You can use various keyword research tool to some good long tail keywords. I would recommend you to use Longtailpro if you are serious to make some good money out of that keywords.

kamleshnishad, Nov 27, 2014 IP
    Rinki12 likes this.
  6. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Long-tail keywords are a great way to build up traffic, particularly shorter keywords are too competitive. Each page can be optimized to a long-tail keyword, and should cause you no problems whatsoever. Once your site gets established, if you like, you can always go after some of the more common keywords but, by then, you'll have the content to be able to go after it more effectively.

7. Coup Max

Coup Max Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There will be no issue in the long tail url. You can optimize it well.

Coup Max, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  8. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not seeing any problem if you wish to rank for that keyword. In fact in my opinion, it's ideal for fresh sites to target long tail keywords at first prior to going with the short ones. Specially on the web hosting niche, the competition there is like, so cutthroat! :)

Vitarank, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  9. greyheart

greyheart Peon

Best Answers:
    On the other hand if you're talking about it from a link building perspective, then yes you want to be VERY careful. Standard post penguin practices apply, but you'll leave a more obvious footprint with longtail if you're not careful.

Other than that all good.

greyheart, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  10. Jason Webb

Jason Webb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%. If your visitors come via long-tail keywords then you can practically read their minds about what they're thinking when they arrive at your site. Broad keywords are too vague, so you could get buyers, browsers, people willing to spend money, people looking for free stuff... who knows? For the best conversion rates on your site, get the most targeted traffic possible.

Of course, still do your keyword research to try to find a fairly popular long-tail phrase, otherwise only perhaps two words of it will actually be working for you, making it effectively short-tail.

Jason

Jason Webb, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  11. IronAddict

IronAddict Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Long tail is really the easiest way to go, just look at the auto complete on Google now. If you were to put in "who sings the song in the jeep commercial" that happens because other people have searched for the exact something. Plus I think people talk to Google Now and Siri like they are really talking to someone.

IronAddict, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  12. leonidus1981

leonidus1981 Banned

Best Answers:
    When posting a new article I always do as follows:
    I took 3 to 5 keywoards, among them
    1 main kw (Best web hosting)
    2 secondary (Best web hosting services)
    2 tertiary (Best web hosting services in texas)
    So, while I promote my main keyword, I begin to recieve traffic from long-tails...

leonidus1981, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  13. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Longtails keyword is much better or said that it is more targeted compare to single keyword
    However, you need to study on the keyword search volume and the competitive before you go for it

lifeplayer, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  14. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This place is making me crazy today. That is not a search term and frankly fails to understand pretty much anything about SEO, marketing or providing a service predicated on some sorta value. Most noteworthy, local.

N.

Nigel Lew, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  15. Siservices

Siservices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously you can target keywords that are long tail. It helps you rank easier than your short and exact keywords. If possible make your long tail with your keyword phrases. But, you have to look out for words that Google treat as spam. Just like Cheap, Best etc. Cheap word in a keyword is fine if you are in UK but here in India Google have some other Guidelines. So you can use "low cost" in that case.
    As per what you have written "Best web hosting services in texas" then I guess you can use other words as well i.e. LSI keywords.

Siservices, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  16. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about? How can you have a problem? Do you mean that is it going to be difficult to rank or what?

patco, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  17. Mark_KW

Mark_KW Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have sg.serpstat.com - then you will answer this question yourself.

Mark_KW, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  18. seranking

seranking Active Member

Best Answers:
    Using long tail keywords will get much benefits and effects for your SEO. I guess it is necessary to use this sort of keywords. You can get Top 10 ranking positions quicker than you will use short tail keywords. :)

seranking, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  19. Kralj187

Kralj187 Member

Best Answers:
    Long tail keyword are perfectly legit and you won't get any trouble for trying to rank for it. In most cases it will benefit you

Kralj187, Dec 20, 2014 IP