1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stay away from Network Solutions

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 18, 2014.

The title says it all, my friends.

I recently purchased two sites off of someone who had the domains registered with Network Solutions. I was given account access and immediately changed all domain contact information and requested authorization codes to send them over to GoDaddy. Before you can submit the form to request an authorization code, you have to complete a survey about why you're leaving and where you're going. After that, they require that your domain be unlocked during the process - but send you a bunch of fearmongering information that says your domain will basically be stolen if you leave it unlocked (in other words, the only safe thing to do is stay with Network Solutions, they claim).

A while later, I finally finish their egregious transfer process and wait for the codes.

I get an e-mail that it can take several days for them to 'process' the request and send you the codes. At the bottom of the e-mail, you are asked to call if you are looking to transfer your domain. I call Network Solutions and they tell me that there's no need to do anything but wait for the codes but that they're willing to give me a great deal if I choose to cancel the transfer instead. Are you kidding me? You told me to call in to complete the transfer only so that you could try to market your services to me?

A few days pass and I finally get the codes. I submit them through GoDaddy.

I get an e-mail from Network Solutions asking me to approve the transfer.

I immediately approve the transfer.

Days later, the transfer is still pending and the only way to contact Network Solutions for this problem is via phone.

Stay away. Save yourself the headache and just stay far away from this company.

PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  2. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried transferring a domain right around the time they either changed their name to Network Solutions or it was that this other company was absorbed into Network Solutions,

The transfer too forever, was needlessly complicated, and EXPEN$IVE in a way that was completely unacceptable.

Traditione, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  3. yakusokutebayo

yakusokutebayo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had similar experience with them before. I think it was last year. They had $1 promo for new domain registrations and I fell for that. Things went well, until you try to move your domain out of their system. For people living outside of US, they still tell us the only way to reach them is by phone. No email support, no live chat, nothing, just phone. Nice, huh? Long distance call just to save a few bucks on domains? They definitely know what they're doing, and to me it's downright unethical.

For anyone out there, be careful with Network Solutions. Run away, while you still can. If you succeeded in transferring your domains out of their system, consider yourself LUCKY.

yakusokutebayo, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  4. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is the transfer still pending? You should contact ICANN to get the issue resolved.

King-Servers, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  5. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  6. yakusokutebayo

yakusokutebayo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's about time they're being reported. Go for it, man.

On another note, isn't it funny, I looked up for the whois for ICANN.org, and it's registered with GoDaddy. I almost expected to see it registered with Network Solutions, them being the oldest registrar and all.

yakusokutebayo, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  7. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    After filing a complaint with ICANN, submitting a complaint to the BBB, and sending another e-mail complaint, my domains have finally been transferred.

PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 19, 2014 IP