Best web host for Joomla

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by randeren, Dec 16, 2014.

Hi I have about 20 sites with Joomla CMS.
    The sites are less then .5 GIGA each, with no E commerce capabilities.
    I want to move them to a VPS level hosting , with fast response time, no downtime and most importantly good support. (The reason I move from my current Host is that they only give EMail Support). I need 24h live support, with Joomla hosting related expertise. price has to be reasonable and good security is a must.
    Any recommendation?
    Thank you!
    Ran

randeren, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There has never been and never will be a server with 100% uptime. As far as Joomla expertise, if you search Google you will find plenty of hosts saying hosting for Joomla, but that does not necessarily mean they have expertise with it, which seems to be what you are looking for. If you actually need technical expertise with Joomla, you might be better off asking on Joomla Forum.

http://forum.joomla.org/

billzo, Dec 16, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check out WiredTree.com, they are one of the best VPS hosts out there and seem to have a level of experience with Joomla. Really quick and knowledgeable support staff. If you look around online, you'll see they great reviews.

SlimCharles47, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  4. Sonwebhost

Sonwebhost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try this:
    VPS Gold - VPS5 - 120 GB Disk Space
    4024 MB Guaranteed RAM
    5048 MB Burstable to RAM
    5000 GB Bandwidth
    1 Gbps Network Speed
    2 IP Addresses
    5 IPv6 Addresses
    Full Root Access
    Instant Setup
    $59.95/month
    Promotional Code: 1MLWN5YTI3

Dual Intel Xeon 5130 - 4 Cores / 4 Threads
    2Ghz - 2 processors
    8GB DDR2
    500GB Hard Drive
    10TB Bandwidth - Gigabit Port
    Linux/Windows* OS
    4 usable IPv4 Address Only
    /64 IPv6 Address Block
    $75/Mo

Sonwebhost, Dec 27, 2014 IP
  5. HyperRob

HyperRob Active Member

Best Answers:
    Take a look at Resellerchoice.com , The VPS Cloud option starts at $20 and they are running a "free" promo on it.

HyperRob, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  6. Shirllin

Shirllin Peon

Best Answers:
    You can give Gchao dot com a try, it provides 24/7 support , reliable and affordable.

Shirllin, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  7. mojonotion

mojonotion Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try Mojo Notion LLC, it provides 24/7 support , They provide Bare Metal Server Hosting services and virtual servers hosting services ensure highest performance level.

mojonotion, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  8. Teodor

Teodor Banned

Best Answers:
    Taking the advantage of the opportunity can also put forward a recommendation to look at glowhost.com, decent US web host.
    I call for support frequently and never wait for more than 2 minutes until i talk with someone. I have 100% uptime so far and couldn't be happier.

Teodor, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  9. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with you, shared cpanel host can only work good for you for hosting the Joomla.

Cecil Mah, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  10. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    shared hosting is fine for joomla, (it is what the op ALREADY has), but the guy wants something better, so I dont see why people would waste their time recommending it.
    Op, check out webhostingtalk.com lots of reviews of different vps hosts, and most of the owners are on there where you can chat directly to them, and choose the provider that has the servers in the location you need, the reliability you need, and so on.

NOTE. Dont choose the cheapest VPS provider. Sometimes we look at pricing, and compare it to the HDD, and bandwidth being offered. That is not important. What is important is backups. I consider a raid setup as just one part of a critical backup plan-> it makes sure that data is not lost if a drive fails in the server. Cheap providers often cut costs by not having a raid, which will fail.
    Other cheap providers might cut costs again by using standard drives, whereas premium providers use enterprise drives. This is why for the same HDD and bandwidth being offered, can have double or triple the price. You cant "see" the difference, yet one platform will be alot more reliable for you long term.

matt_62, Feb 16, 2015 IP