1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting to Freelance. What are your lessons learned and advice?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ence Litsep, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am currently managing a online grocery store website and I am intrigued by online marketing and its potential so I am trying to get some advice and learn as I go. I have been on elance and I have posted some proposals for jobs and what I see a good tactic would be to get started is to get reputation by getting good reviews on elance. These reviews demonstrate that you have done work and that you are capable before the customer has to risk accepting proposals from you that are more expensive when they aren't sure you can perform because you have no reviews.

Ence Litsep, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  2. James Christy

James Christy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If it is a fixed price, do not pay the money (even part of the money) before the job is done. There is a reason why there is escrow.

James Christy, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It doesnt really the matter once you already build up the reputation because more people are knowing you and your have good profile as a reference. Then, it is the time for the freelancer to choose the task and customer, and also get the right price.

lifeplayer, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  4. Calamar

Calamar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Important: All changes in writing must be ;)

Calamar, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  5. Harshal shah

Harshal shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Deliver What client expect.
    Keep all proof. Do in small milestone and take his approval for that milestone.
    keep payment @each milestone. so your money become safe.
    Dont over commit.. Match deadlines.

Harshal shah, Dec 12, 2014 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The part of just covering expectations and not overcommiting is exactly what separates the average from the good freelancer. You might save some time and efforts by just doing the bare minimum but dont expect to build a reputation, nor gain many long-term or repeating projects.

Rado_ch, Dec 13, 2014 IP
  7. workingaswriter

workingaswriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    1. Build your expertise in a particular niche.
    2. Have a good blog with at least 50 blog posts.
    3. Publish articles online.
    4. You must practice a lot of writing.

workingaswriter, Dec 13, 2014 IP
  8. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you are just starting, it is important to bid much lower than others to get your first few jobs. As you get more and more jobs, and get reviews, you can start bidding at rates comparable to others.

ablaye, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  9. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The best advice I can give you is to be very careful about where you get your advice. ;)

For example, this forum is one of the worst places to ask for advice about freelancing. The majority of "advice" given to you here so far ranges from misguided to downright dangerous. But it goes beyond forums like DP. You also have to be careful about what blogs you follow, what books and e-books you buy, what communities you join, and what courses you sign up for.

jhmattern, Dec 15, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  10. P.N Panda

P.N Panda Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello ,
    I am working as freelance digital marketing , As a freelance i faced lots of difficulties but slowly slowly i have learned so many things . As a freelance you should be flexible enough to give your time to your client , Presentation skills is most necessary , Awareness of Technology , Convincing Skills , Communication Skills , Reliability , Discipline ,Assertiveness ...
    To know more about freelance please visit to http://careerlancer.net/?ppcsrc=fm .

P.N Panda, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  11. T-Law

T-Law Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always deliver more than expected, work with people that you like and build long-term relationships instead of chasing an extra dollar. Focus on a small niche and become the best. Check Liam's work, he's sharing a lot how to make the most of freelancing: freelancelift.com

T-Law, Dec 17, 2014 IP