1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

4L dot coms

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Odysseus_PMFE, Nov 2, 2014.

I thought I was a genius buying a 4L dot com a couple months ago, but after tracking some godaddy auctions for them all I can say is "what the?"

I'm seeing so many that aren't even selling for new domain registration prices. Are the days of domain flipping over?

That said, I put a forum on the domain to try and increase the value by generating some traffic.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    Odysseus_PMFE, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  2. Lavonta

Lavonta Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess so. If you don't have good LLLL.com, it's challenging to sell them with a good price. Some are even lower than $20.

Lavonta, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  3. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The market for 4L.com's has gone down. It's because people have finally realized the odds of an end user actually wanting a domain like XPQK.com is virtually zero to none. There are much better COM's you could be investing in.

FPForum, Nov 11, 2014 IP
    moonwalker likes this.
  4. Postedhere

Postedhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have some LLLL domains that i've kept through the years. still not able to find a buyer that will pay an acceptable amount for them.

Postedhere, Nov 13, 2014 IP
  5. mithunv

mithunv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think pronounceable LLLL.com domains still have market.

mithunv, Nov 14, 2014 IP
  6. mukaanyes

mukaanyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You really should avoid certain letters such as w,x,z,y,j,q. I also made similar mistakes buying 4L coms years ago, Now I am not able to find people willing to pay the total reg and renewal prices so that I recover my expenses.

mukaanyes, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  7. domainmarket.io

domainmarket.io Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like Mithunv said, if you can actually pronounce it, they have great potential for brandables. Brandable domains are similar to "nike", "roku", ect. Some of the brandable LLLL.com's have sold for $XX,XXX.

Just my two cents, I think any LLLL.com will have value if you hold onto long enough, similar to what happened with LLL.com's. I'm sure the first few guys that reg'd tzx.com thought it was crap and through no one would ever buy it. But as the years pass, the internet realestate disappears, thus making shorter domains worth more. So although LLLL.com's may not be worth anything now, I bet money come 10 - 20 years from now you can make all your yearly reg fees back and then some. Could happen sooner, but with all the new extensions, I doubt it.

domainmarket.io, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  8. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    the key of success is not own 4L domain name but find realy memorable and good 4L domain name such as: LOLO, XOXO, BOOM, TRIX and so on...
    in my opinion the best are ending with: ex, os, L, e and so on but these domain names are´nt probably free...

wanessmark, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  9. wokao

wokao Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have one 4L dot com domain, bought it $25 in DP around 4 years ago, but now only worth $15, so sad....

wokao, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    but think how much you've earned from it in the meantime!

sarahk, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  11. proxyus

proxyus Active Member

Best Answers:
    buying random 4l domains, probs won't get you a sale.

proxyus, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  12. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    At this day in age the only 4L.com's with much value are ones that have premium letters. People finally realized crappy 4L's like CKQV don't hold much value. Instead of buying crappy letter 4L's you're better off saving your money, and buying 1 or 2 really good ones.

FPForum, Dec 14, 2014 IP
    dave2013 likes this.