1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How i can start my website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jagoangambar, Nov 17, 2014.

Hi digital point members...
    i have plan for start my website, domain is advertsmarket.com. It is place for advertiser and publisher meet like buysellads.com. The different concept with buysellads.com is my website will use auction / bidding concept like freelancer.com, odesk.com, and others freelancer site so advertiser can get low price and publisher can get ads as he/she want with same topic of theirs site.

So, how i can start my website? what the best auction script? wordpress auction plugin is good?and how i can promote my website to world?

Thanks.

jagoangambar, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds to me like you want to make a unique web site that is different than the others, right? Well using WordPress and a plugin can ONLY give you what already exists.... You may be better off custom programming your site. If you can't do it yourself or afford to you should check out the many PHP web sites that offer free/paid scripts & apps. There are several auction scripts out there. You can still use wordpress as a web site "framework" (or cms rather). Maybe recruit someone to help you with the set up and customization from either here or odesk.

NetStar, Nov 18, 2014 IP
    mytechiestuff likes this.
  3. James Christy

James Christy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can go on a freelancing website like elance in order to recruit a web designer. You can also go on a website like balsamiq where you can go and make your mock ups for your website.

James Christy, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  4. blank_czech

blank_czech Active Member

Best Answers:
    You will most likely need some custom programming to get what you are looking for. There may be a few pre-made PHP scripts that already exist, but I am not 100% certain.

blank_czech, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  5. Hungryforsuccess

Hungryforsuccess Active Member

Best Answers:
    How to promote your website to the world for free...
    The best method for modern day is SMM(Social Media Marketing)
    Make accounts FB,Twitter,Instagram, Myspace, related forums, related blog comment posts with link
    Get you site mentioned on other places so you have a link with in the article this will always help people find your site.
    Make FB like pages promote them to all your friends using helping tools so you can run a program to invite all your friends quickly.Maybe even pay for likes after you have maxed out getting your friends to like it.

remember the most import thing to spam your new feeds with good quality content then they will love the spam and consider it valuable instead of spam to ignore...

Hungryforsuccess, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  6. PartnerwithJackie

PartnerwithJackie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need a freelancer for this job if you're not sure how to do it yourself. Everyone has a different price, so shop around for whatever works for you.

PartnerwithJackie, Dec 9, 2014 IP
  7. bespokeleads

bespokeleads Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest to take your time planning and maybe start with a word press plugin, this is a cost effective solution. Promote your services and should it be a profitable market place you can then advance your website with a bespoke design knowing your on to a winner.

bespokeleads, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  8. peoplesguide

peoplesguide Member

Best Answers:
    Start from scratch, do it in a paper first. make a research, what domain name, your target users, everything about your plan and purpose why you want to create a website.

peoplesguide, Dec 13, 2014 IP
  9. leonidus1981

leonidus1981 Banned

Best Answers:
    If you don't have enough money to make it from the scratch, then try some ready made decisions like buddypress or livestreet. There are many freelancers who'll help you to tune them to your needs and that would shurely be cheaper than starting from the clean sheet

leonidus1981, Dec 13, 2014 IP
  10. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ablaye, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  11. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Netstar said :
    "using WordPress and a plugin can ONLY give you what already exists.... You may be better off custom programming your site."

That is what I have been trying to say for many years to those folks who increasingly use these top heavy short cut templates.

Netstar in this thread used exactly the words that I should have used though.

Well said Netstar!

mytechiestuff, Dec 15, 2014 IP
  12. silent_1

silent_1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can choose free domains like wordpress.com or blospot.com or you can buy your own domain and hosting service. PM me if you need help in this regard I will help you.

silent_1, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  13. popsayed

popsayed Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest you to hire a great freelancer from odesk or contact with a well known script maker. I think they will also most helpful to making your website correctly. Thanks.

popsayed, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  14. MegaDomain

MegaDomain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like to use wordpress.com, you can buy really nice themes at themeforest.com, I donĀ“t know if you are looking to make a forum or such but I recommend you also a website called weebly.com, where you can add your own domain name or have a free .weebly.com domain extension with free hosting. Weebly is a Web 2.0 Site where you can simply drag and arrest pictures, texts, videos and much more! It is really nice, anyways have fun with your website ! :)

MegaDomain, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  15. 000karim

000karim Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all tell yourself what are you going to offer more than what is on online.
    something like your idea needs special programmation if you want something unique. I suggest outsourcing the task cause wordpress aint no unique

000karim, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  16. Steve Lang

Steve Lang Peon

Best Answers:
    If this is your first website I would recommend using Wordpress, since it is (a) money consuming, (b) time consuming. Lot's of Wordpress themes and plugins can make your Wordpress site rather functional and unique.

Unfortunately I can't recommend any auction plugins you need to make your research and also implement test-and-try method.

In regards a promotion techniques, you use this forum and other niche forums to spread the word.

Steve Lang, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  17. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    mytechiestuff, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  18. Leo Banks

Leo Banks Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend using wordpress.
    You can find script for your site via internet.
    It contains everything!

Leo Banks, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  19. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    If you really want to learn about coding, please do stay away from WordPress. (sorry Leo Banks)

mytechiestuff, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  20. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    Please stay away from Wordpress if you really want to learn ANY THING ABOUT CODING!

mytechiestuff, Dec 22, 2014 IP