1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Getting a like the Hardest Thing On Digital Point forum?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Waqar Akram, Jun 4, 2013.

1. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If I could hit the like button a thousand times for this post...I bloody would, trawling through pages of pointless 1 line shite to find a coherent worthwhile post is like wading through treacle.

malky66, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  2. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just work at it and contribute genuine content and you'll get likes!

gotkloud, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  3. suidmach

suidmach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who doesn't like to like things. I can't see being like being too hard.

suidmach, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  4. emdubl

emdubl Member

Best Answers:
    Here is my question... How do I like another post? Or do I have to have 3 likes before I can like another post? I dont see a Like button anywhere.... Or am I blind?

emdubl, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  5. rocmarjon79

rocmarjon79 Member

Best Answers:
    Yup that got me as well, until we get three likes from three different established members we are unable to like anyone else post which bugs me because some of the veterans post are very informative and I can't like it, I want that power. Also I notice you cant post in certain areas, I want that power too. So as long as we don't see a like button for us or a box at the end of a thread we can't like or post. Rats

Your not blind just limited.

rocmarjon79, Dec 10, 2014 IP
    ashokdhan likes this.
  6. ashokdhan

ashokdhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    keep working with good content and idea. you will get like.

ashokdhan, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  7. krishatnet

krishatnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is not hardest thing if you post useful information then people definitely like your post

krishatnet, Dec 15, 2014 IP
  8. Hungryforsuccess

Hungryforsuccess Active Member

Best Answers:
    I been stuck on 2 likes forever it seems now lol I'm sure it just makes it harder to get likes because if others are like me stuck on 2 likes they won't able to like others posts. I am sure my 3rd like will come eventually.

Hungryforsuccess, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  9. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you care ONLY about those who are stuck on two likes? There are so many who have the 3 likes necessary for Established Membership and are able to like others' posts. Focusing exclusively on the former is perhaps what's making the situation more difficult for you.

Content Maestro, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  10. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    Am Stuck at 2 Likes forever now, Even though i have only tried adding value to this community and not spam. Issue is my knowledge is in the hosting and servers industry, The post there are less and not very much active. Am having hard time getting likes from my knowledge.

Cloudcandy Host, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  11. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can post something in sections like General Chat. You can get likes many times even through casual, informal and lighthearted conversations.

Content Maestro, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  12. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    Will do that , Thanks :)

Cloudcandy Host, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  13. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not really a funny or charismatic kind of guy (which is the biggest reason why people like posts), so I actually find it kinda hard to get likes. :)

pilot35, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  14. FFProductions

FFProductions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My issue is that I have bought logo designs from the top two contest submissions in my contest thread, totaling over $75, and now I want to put more money into the hands of creators by having my logo tweaked. However, I cannot do this, because I lack the likes. This seems like a fundamental design flaw with Digital Point, especially considering I was able to post in the past and actually contributed financially to the community.

My old contest link https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/50-vector-logo-banner-contest-ends-sunday.1923660/#post14873003

FFProductions, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  15. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Guys, getting 'likes' is NOT AT ALL hard.

I am seeing that an increasing no. of people are grouching about and quibbling over how the 'likes' system is unfair. I quite understand that some of you've already contributed a lot to the community in terms of helping others, via sharing your knowledge and experience and/or financially and think that you should be exempted from the rule of getting 3 'likes'. Most of you already have a couple of them and it's just a question of 1 or 2 more before you make it.
    For those who think you are stuck FOREVER on those 1 or 2 likes you have or think that you'll NEVER get one, I urge you to go through my post here - https://forums.digitalpoint.com/posts/19006235.
    I will reiterate some points esp. those which pertain to the 'likes':
    1. Getting 3 'likes' is not as hard as some people think. There's always something useful and unique you can contribute to the forum out of your knowledge and experience. Moreover, there are always people looking for help with some query and posting a reply that helps to answer it often gets you the 'likes' quickly.
    2. If you start with a negative mindset and think about getting 'likes' as some overburdening task, you won't probably get them even after creating a thousand useful posts.
    3. In most cases, starting confidently and with a positive attitude gets you the 'likes' faster than you expect. Patience and perseverance are equally necessary. If you don't have the 'likes' by the time you expect to have them, instead of getting discouraged and disappointed, if you keep on trying, you are sure to get them within some time – at least if you believe so.
    4. A public and global forum like this one is highly vulnerable to spammers. 'Likes' is a way to prevent them from posting crap and greatly helps to keep the forum clean.
    5. If you want to get gratified immediately and can't wait to get the 3 'likes', nothing can help except purchasing the Premium Membership.
    6. Complain about the 'likes' system and you'll most probably get yourself at the ban hammer's end.
    I know it's easier said than done, but trust me friends, I had a very hard time getting my first 3 'likes' and I needed them very desperately to be able to post in the 'Buy, Sell or Trade' forums. This is what I've learned and I'm sharing it with you simply in the hope that it will somewhat give you a new perspective to the 'likes' system and more or less alleviate the task for you.

Hope this helps.
    Cheer up folks and wish you the best.:)

Content Maestro, Jan 5, 2015 IP
    jrbiz and Arick unirow like this.
  16. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    For some, maybe yes but for me -- no.
    I enjoy this forum very much; I observe, I read and then I learn, a lot.
    And ever since I joined this forum my aim is to be in an online community where I can communicate with people that has the same interests as mine -- which is SEO.
    I am not gonna lie but of course I wanted to have likes too, it is like a reputation for me but it isn't my priority.
    So it isn't the hardest thing, it is just a bonus. :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Jan 5, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  17. adamalex

adamalex Member

Best Answers:
    Hi! Patricia :)

I think you sweet girl and I wish you a lot of likes here to you because you deserve.

Have a nice day to you! and to all good people!

adamalex, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  18. FFProductions

FFProductions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A woman is left to wonder, is adamalex complimenting me because he means it, or simply because he's after a quick like? A metaphor for life.

FFProductions, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  19. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    From what I've observed so far here, the second one has a much higher probability.

Content Maestro, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  20. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do you actually KNOW anything? Like things people here might not know and maybe even ask about? You help people, likes will come.

Which I think goes with a lot of what I've said about a LOT of people coming here, they're after the more scammish/illegitimate marketing bull than they are the actual "community" part of things. It SHOULD be hard to join those areas as it weeds out the less reputable. I don't consider that a flaw...

Though to be fair, forum areas like that I don't think serve a legitimate purpose other than scam artist bull in the first place; to put that in perspective I say the same thing about websites like ThemeForest, TemplateMonster and Flippa -- dens of sleazy scam artists preying on the ignorant, stupid and outright moronic "Sophisticated Internet Investor, will give money for vague promises" types.

In that way, DigitalPoint is a bit more... mercenary than a lot of other forums. It means the scam artists have a bit easier a time of it since facilities are set up for them to hock their snake oil; but at the same time people like myself can call them sleazy halfwit scam artists -- aka the TRUTH -- and get away with it... A LOT of web developer forums seem to want to be ABC family sitcoms; so over the top on their G ratings, "don't you dare offend anyone" and "status quo for the win". This stems from a lot of people not being able to handle frank and honest truth, or said sites being more interested in selling you the latest drivel by the various Kevin Yanktards, Eric Meyer wieners and Paul Irish whiskey; in many ways at the full mercy of their advertisers.

If SitePoint was "Full House", webdeveloper.com would be "Roommates".... as opposed to Digital Point would likely be a cable channel original like "Mad Men".

Then I walk in the door like Micheal Westen... International conferences attract spies for the same reason hotel bars attract hookers: you can do business and drink for free.

Which laughably sounds an awful lot like web development forums...

deathshadow, Jan 6, 2015 IP
    jrbiz, malky66 and Content Maestro like this.