1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have a few .today domains, is there any value in them?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by himalayas, Dec 10, 2014.

Among the domains are:

audiobook.today, audiobooks.today
    boardgames.today
    carpenter.today
    garage.today
    paints.today
    motorhome.today

Any value?

himalayas, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is this a joke? Am I on funniest forum videos or something?

When you purchased these, did you have a niche target in mind? Like, can someone really build a brand with "carpenter today", or can any company build a brand with "motor home today"? Just explain to me your angle on how these can be used, as I just cannot see how they can be used.
    Not only that, but being the new TLD's, with SOOO MUCH better options, people can just register what they want, as opposed to these.

I think you would be very very lucky if you get $5 for all of them together, but truth be told, you will probly have to pay someone to take them off your hands.....

One thing to consider for domains, if its for "anyone" to use, it will often have low value, $10-$100. If its for business, something that can clearly be used to build a brandable business on, then its worth $1k+

Also you should know that I OWN several of the new TLD's, and I can tell you now, it can take along time before they are worth it. Simply the average computer user wont recognise ".today" as being a website. The TLD's I own, I might have to keep for several years before I can sell it at the right price.

matt_62, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  3. himalayas

himalayas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for a thoughtful answer.
    My thought, for example with motorhome.today: car/motorhome rental/sale search engines sometimes have longish domains, because most of sensible ones are taken. For example rvrentalsalefinder.com, allmotorhomerentals.com, privatemotorhomerental.com etc. So motorhome.today might be of value for some of these businesses. I mean, they are not going to use motorhome.tattoo or motorhome.ninja. But of course I may be mistaken and the domain may have no future ;-)

himalayas, Dec 10, 2014 IP