1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hell friends i am start a new forum need help?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by techabout.org, Dec 4, 2014.

Dear i am start a forum few days ago but no member join my forum.My forum is about pc,mobile,,seo,designing adsens discussion so please tell me what we do for increase my site traffic.

forum.techabout.org

techabout.org, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  2. mnmani

mnmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it looks like you have moved forum to MyBB script.
    whatever is the forum script it is difficult to attract new members.
    IMO, Rome was not built in a day - it takes lot of hard work to build up.
    just have patience and try to improve content - both quality and quantity.
    All The Best

mnmani, Dec 6, 2014 IP
    IG2010 likes this.
  3. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You do need to add content as mnmani said, Rome was not built in one day, without content, you will not attract new members (nor existing actually), on my forums, I usually have 60% of all topics and posts in the first 2/3 month (200/250)

Also if you do have some cash to spare, create a contest or something, might attract people

IG2010, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  4. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Before you establish a forum (or like any other site), you might have at least ask yourself this question,
    "What makes my forum site different from the other forums that is relevant to mine? What will make it interesting to users?"
    And then, you will be able to come to an idea that will make your forum (not that much) but a bit unique and invaluable to others.

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 7, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You've fallen into the trap of making your forum too big too quickly - you need to let it evolve and create the new categories as they are needed. That creates the painful job of wading through old posts to see if they need to be moved but it's worth it.

Now, I don't know you, but my next big question would be "why do I want to use your empty forum". Once upon a time dp was just like that and there were a few really good reasons why many users from one forum jumped ship and came here. If you haven't got a good base of people who want to use your forum because they like/respect you then you are in trouble. You may have to run competitions (worked well for weberdev back in the day) or advertise and spend a lot of money.

Have you written a business plan? I totally recommend that. Find a template online and go through the process of filling in all the sections. If you are going to devote your time to a project it needs to be worth it.

sarahk, Dec 7, 2014 IP