1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which best html website design software?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by rumonzia, Aug 23, 2014.

1. consul

consul Active Member

Best Answers:
    Greetings!

It always pays to write a clean, clear, well-structured code. With this in mind, my suggestion is to use your favorite text editor. Make sure you understand the basics of html5, css3, etc. before attempting to code. A beginner should learn stuff from scratch, but if you wish to create your website on your own with limited experience, it will be a long way to go. Using those canned software makes life seem easy, but the code they spit out may not be well-organized and editable from a professional standpoint. Therefore, if you wish to get a professional website, then hire an expert.

Just my two cents. God bless.

consul, Dec 6, 2014 IP
    deathshadow and kk5st like this.
  2. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Visual Studio 2013 for all my HTML and Website Work.

Naina S, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Emphasis mine, it's the ILLUSION of things seeming simple, which very quickly can fall into the trap of what's called "false simplicity" -- oversimplifying to the point it actually makes things harder in the long run. In the phrase "Things should be as simple as need be, and no simpler" people often ignore the second half... and that's where most of the 'shortcuts' end up having failures.

It runs deeper than that -- most such tools put no effort towards code efficiency from a bandwidth point of view (a serious concern with search engines now penalizing slow sites), much less things like semantic markup or accessibility minimums; Why don't they put that effort in?

1) They are broken methodology as they bypass all the important underpinnings to let you sleaze out "what it looks like" without understanding "how it works" -- and what it happens to look like on the screen you happen to be seated in front of has jack **** to do with what anyone else gets. With the plethora of screen sizes, device capabilities and even media delivery methods dicking around with what the site looks like BEFORE working on the underpinnings is completely back-assward.

It's why as I keep saying dicking around in a paint program over what a website might look like at one (or even muliple) resolutions before semantic markup or a working CSS driven layout is working is NOT web design, no matter how many ignorant nubes and outright scam artists claim otherwise. All that's good for is preying on the ignorance of those more impressed with flash than they are substance.

2) they really can't as those require a level of intelligence and understanding of the CONTENT that software lacks. Note I'm saying the software, NOT the people writing it. Computers are very good at doing what they are told, and very BAD at making decisions for themselves. There's a reason old-school we used to call computers "blazingly fast and mentally challenged"... In a "Why did you put that weapon together so quickly, Gump?" sort of way.

There's a reason the BEST tool is the one between your ears... admittedly that leaves a LOT of people making websites at a severe handicap.

"Spitting out" is being quite generous -- I prefer to say "vomited up" and even that isn't quite colourful enough to describe what a lot of these tools have the giant pair of brass to call a website as to be brutally frank, that's the wrong orifice at the wrong end of the body.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    deathshadow, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  4. infectisites

infectisites Active Member

Best Answers:
    dreamveaver for coding and photoshop for designs

infectisites, Dec 7, 2014 IP