1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guest blogging, are we losing this once grand opportunity?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Shawn Gossman, Dec 5, 2014.

I run several niche-based blogs on various topics including blogging tips, message forum administration and even bicycling. I work hard on my content and try and try to make sure that my readers find my writings to be extremely useful and fresh for their minds.

As a niche blogger, I understand the importance of authority development and reputation within the niche market that I am writing to serve. If I were to guest blog on your blog, I wouldn't do it if I didn't know anything about your niche because it would be fake if I did... Sure, I could research your niche and make unique and useful guest contributions but it would still be fake because at the end of the day, I know nothing about your niche and will likely have no interest in your niche after my guest submission has been published... In a perfect world, all bloggers would think like that!

But this is not at all a perfect world... I get daily requests by email for those wanting to guest blog on my blogs. They always say they read some of my blog posts and were interested in the topic and they give me examples of many articles they have written, always on the most random niche markets out there. There is no way they know about all those topics, who has the time for that, especially a content author?!?!?!

Matt Cutts previously mentioned that guest blogging is falling and at first, I said "No, this cannot be true, he is reading the wrong ones" but then I really start to think about it and see the daily requests in my email. People just want to guest blog to get their link out - I want to guest blog to help develop my reputation in the niche, screw including a link to my blog, I want my name to be the link, I want you to see Shawn Gossman and instantly say "That guy knows a lot about said niche, I've read his blog and articles all over the web", that is what I want but how about others, can they stand to have just that? Without including a link to a website that has nothing to do with what they just contributed on a blog?

If I write a guest submission on your blog, two things will happen... #1 I will write it while thinking about my reputation as a blogger and understand that what I say officially represents ME. #2 I will be treating your blog as if it was my own, not stomping around saying what I want just so you can see me, not conforming to vanity.

What do you folks think? Is guest blogging really starting to deteriorate something fierce?

Shawn Gossman, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  2. Tech Surround

Tech Surround Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Shawn, I have read a story about it two hours ago. you know examiner is a page rank 8 dofollow article submission directory. And one guy has made 5 figures out of it. I can send you the story link. I am afraid if this forum don't allowed link.

Just send me a PM, hope it will add blood!

Tech Surround, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shoot me a link to the site in question and I will respond accordingly.

N.

Nigel Lew, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  4. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that guest blogging is going away and I don't think that it's getting worse. On contrary, when Cutts announced that Google will go against this practice, it was abandoned by a vast number of shady businesses. I noticed certain improvements in the pitches and resources that I get.

As publishers, people just need to do one thing. Have higher editorial standards, don't post mediocre content. That's it. You get quality posts, they get links and/or exposure or some street cred in the niche. It's a win-win.

Alex Toll, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  5. RickHamell

RickHamell Member

Best Answers:
    Any tips on finding blogs to do guest posts on in the first place?

RickHamell, Feb 1, 2015 IP