1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The ways to get more clients

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by contentworld011, Nov 26, 2014.

Hi, I am an experienced content writer and I have a team of writers. I provide quality content services to my clients. My website is not in a good rank in google and I get few clients from my website. I bid projects in various bidding sites. Side by side, I take projects from forum sites also. Now I want to know the other way to get content writing assignments. It would be helpful for me if I get to know the other ways of getting content writing assignments. Please let me know the other sites or forums that are not very common by I can get good clients who can provide content writing assignment to me.

contentworld011, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  2. ninamarie

ninamarie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try visiting LinkedIn, under the jobs section, and see what you can find. There are so many writing job opportunities posted by companies there.

Hope this helps! :)

ninamarie, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  3. Diana Wallace

Diana Wallace Member

Best Answers:
    Try promoting your website through Facebook Page. You can get traffic there and build reputation by having many likes and followers. On the other hand, you can submit to Squidoo, HubPages, ContentBLVD, Helium, Triond, Epinions, Fiverr, Yahoo! Contributor Network,Demand Media Studios,Digital Journal,About.Com, Blogging.Org,Constant Content. There are more sites. These are just few of them.

Diana Wallace, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  4. contentworld011

contentworld011 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for the information provided by you. Could you plz tell me some other good forum sites apart from digital point and blackhatworld where I can get clients who are looking for content writers or content writing services..

contentworld011, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Nov 28, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  6. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Nowadays, there are literally too many writers in the market. Everywhere you go, you see writers. No offense, but judging from your writing style, it seems dull and pretty boring.

I am not a writer, by the way, but I know that in order to get great results with your business, you need to stand out. In this case, you should inject your personality into writing or what they call "adding your own voice."

Honestly, you'd be successful in most market places if you are different, you can even charge more. There are too many 5 bucks per article writers out there already. Change something, and I can assure you, the results would be different from what they are now.

Chad Eztraffic, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  7. Resource9

Resource9 Member

Best Answers:
    There should be something unique in your content so that the potential customers will notice you online. Research on the type of content that is being written in your field and write on topics that are un-touched. Also make sure that the titles are extremely impressive, they should make the readers curious to go ahead and click on the article.

Resource9, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  8. IMMozie

IMMozie Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Fiverr is a pretty decent option, but the starting point is hard, since you have to get good review and at least achieve level 2 seller to really get trust and sales. You could however ask some of your existing clients to buy from you through your new gig to help get your initial sales and reviews.

IMMozie, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  9. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with Chad.
    I understand that marketing is not your specialty but I'm sure you'll learn about it along the way, most especially now that you want to increase your online presence.
    I'm not a writer but I always consider what will catch my audience interests when it comes to promotion.

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  10. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    facebook communties, google + communities. Try twitter promotions, bid in freelancer websites.

Naina S, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  11. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some suggestions here might help you friend -
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...-online-market-for-freelance-writers.2738323/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/where-to-sell-pre-written-content-or-advertise-content-writing.2708622/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...s-directly-for-copy-writing-business.2718893/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-and-where-to-get-high-paying-clients.2712504/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/content-writing-is-it-still-possible-to-sell-high.2727350/.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Content Maestro, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  12. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Quite agree with these posts. The market is overcrowded by so-called 'writers' today. You will always have someone underselling you and most buyers go for the cheapest.
    What makes you stand out is uniqueness. Try to give a personal touch to your writing, develop a unique style. It's your greatest safeguard in this cutthroat competition.
    At first you might have to work for lower rates to get some work, but as you work your way up, increase your rates steadily. Once you build a good and trustworthy online rep, there's no looking back though.
    Research a bit using tools like Google Keyword planner which niches are 'hot', build unique content around untouched topics in those niches and find webmasters/websites that really need and value the content.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Content Maestro, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  13. toughguy

toughguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I strongly agree with "Content Maestro", Content writing is a MORE PAIN LOW GAIN activity as per my experience. Another one in similar lines is working on SOFTWARE PROGRAMMING projects like PHP, etc.
    There is very heavy competition in these areas, people (especially NEW COMERS) would spend more time submitting proposals than working on any project.

I realized that in my initial years of freelancing and I dropped out pretty quickly from these activities. I choose areas where I get paid reasonably well and also where I can get PAID (ofcourse a little amount) for my past work also.

In Content writing and programming there are COMPANIES doing it 24 x 7 and it would be very hard for an individual to succeed, I donot mean to DISAPPOINT anyone, but this is HARD FACT as per my experience.
    Regards,

toughguy, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  14. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    You can try to advertise your website in freelancer websites to gain more clients. Make sure your profile is something that your clients will bank.

Dario McNut, Dec 11, 2014 IP