1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Powered By" or "Designe By" Links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Banglamart, Nov 25, 2014.

Since the Penguin update focuses much of its energy on diversified anchor text, does anyone know the status of 'powered by' links? This is obviously a common practice and my company assists developing thousands of websites that use our themes which include 'powered by <company link>' or Web Design by <Company Name> so should I worry about getting slapped due to this?

This is not even completely in regards to the recent update. Anyone know if this is something that is at all frowned upon by google ?

Any suggestions if that may be the case?

Banglamart, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  2. juliereader

juliereader Active Member

Best Answers:
    as per Google official guidelines "Widely distributed links in the footers or templates of various sites" are not allowed or will be penalized...but you can do it if you are a fortune 500 company :)

juliereader, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  3. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A few years ago, I sponsored a few themes and got thousands of downloads, so got millions links (as some of those websites were really big)... guess what... got hit badly by penguin because all those links were do-follow and the same anchor text.

Read a few stories at that time that google really hit some big theme developers at the same time which is really stupid if you ask me.

praetserge, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  4. behnamy

behnamy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I Think that google should works for us and takes care what we need and we shouldn't do what google wants. One of this things is these kinds of links that penalized a lots of designing websites, but designer shouldn't remove their links in my opinion because it's their rights. I'm sure that google will fix it one day because it's a common part in almost all websites.

behnamy, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  5. prince@life

prince@life Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google search engine team is best on its own. that algo was applied to penalize those sites which are involved in footer link exchanges! But, while slapping the bad guys, good ones are slapped in double! Legal theme developers, logo designers and companies did lost their rankings too.
    the solution to this problem is that designers should avoid placing links in footer. though, it's not advisable and can pause their new leads. So, you can use re-directional links (link redirection) to avoid this problems.

prince@life, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  6. 1SEOcom

1SEOcom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To protect yourself, make sure when you are doing this make the link a NoFollow link.

1SEOcom, Dec 11, 2014 IP